• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Doing too well at this Hobby

Ratvan

Warren Scout
So mixed news, my Clownfish have laid a clutch of Eggs. Yay I have babies. Very quickly followed by Boo I have nowhere to put said babies.
First time that this pair have laid eggs, first time I have had eggs that I have known about

The Doting Parents - Hantu (female, larger) and Pelesit (Male, smaller)
OzRYYpv.jpg

The Babies, I gave up counting at 80
gnmPxMX.jpg

Last edited:
So mixed news, my Clownfish have laid a clutch of Eggs. Yay I have babies. Very quickly followed by Boo I have nowhere to put said babies.
First time that this pair have laid eggs, first time I have had eggs that I have known about

The Doting Parents - Hantu (female, larger) and Pelesit (Male, smaller)
OzRYYpv.jpg

The Babies, I gave up counting at 80
gnmPxMX.jpg
Omg [emoji7][emoji7][emoji7][emoji7][emoji7] so precious [emoji7]

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Thanks, have called ahead and reserved a load of tanks, sponge filters and heaters. Just before Christmas great!
Need to find some live food for them as well
Really annoying part is that of everything in the tank they have laid eggs on the ONE rock that I have fixed to the glass they have laid eggs on.....

Really annoying part is that of everything in the tank they have laid eggs on the ONE rock that I have fixed to the glass they have laid eggs on.....
Nice to know all pets/creatures in houses are as awkward as each other! XD

Thanks all, managed to get the majority of the tanks purchased, drilled, cleaned and plumbed. Just need lights, more rocks and water, as well as sort out an automatic water changing device and get the sump online.
us9tmpy.jpg

So the Eggs hatched this weekend, only managed to get one of the 5 tanks up and running. So have upwards of 100? Fry in a single tank. The other 4 are cycling and should be up to speed once the Fry have reached 4 weeks old.
DTmZ5VF.jpg

Nearly 6 weeks old, I have 86 left.
A lot of misbars (wrong markings) some of which are really beautiful. Also looks like Mum and Dad are getting ready to go again..... going to have to split them up at some point. Or sell them off as a breeding pair

These have been sorted into Elite, Premium and Normal due to markings

My Beautiful Misbar Freaks (not popular at all)

No fighting, yet. Another 2 weeks and the majority will go to a couple of local pet stores (for Credit) I can then use this for Knox bits, as well as fish bits
The Misbars I'm currently thinking of keeping the majority unless i can find someone to take them, I have a couple of favourites in that tank, I know I shouldn't but oh well

The Misbars are really awesome :D Some of them look like they have skulls, that's really cool. Corpse Paint Clownfish, how metal is that?! :D Personally I really like the sideburny ones (no chinstrap).

Back