• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

How many hours should you leave between each dose of fiberplex?

I need to give 1ml 3 times a day to Toasty, how many hours apart should i leave between each dose?
Well if you wanna space it even, every 8 hours. That might not be feasible though, depending on when you're home etc. How much does he weigh? Only 1kg? Tiny bun [emoji7]

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Do you think 5 hours would be okay his last dose was at the vets but i don’t know what time they gave it to him as he was admitted there since morning. Does it do any harm? Yes he’s a Netherland dwarf 😍🐰

Do you think 5 hours would be okay his last dose was at the vets but i don’t know what time they gave it to him as he was admitted there since morning. Does it do any harm? Yes he’s a Netherland dwarf [emoji7][emoji195]

It's just fibre, but obviously you don't want to over do it, is it 5 hours since you collected him then? If so I'd probably give it just before I went to bed, won't be the 8 but will probably be okay, I also think that the fact it says 3 times a day, allows for it not to be exact, I mean some people would do morning, midday and evening rather than every 8 hours I'm guessing.

Oh I love nethies! You'll have to post a pic of him at some point [emoji7]

I agree I'd try & space them equally but thats in an ideal world & we can only do what we can do . Does he enjoy it? my bun was a right pain spitting it out

Yeh it had been about 5 hours since i collected him at 6 so i gave him his last dose of fibrerplex at half 11ish like you suggested. I will definitely be sharing pics of Toasty once i figure out how to use photobucket, wish it was just as simple as posting pics on social media lol. He’s a beautiful chestnut colour 😍i’ll try posting pics of him in the afternoon. He has instagram too if your on that 😄.

Yeh it had been about 5 hours since i collected him at 6 so i gave him his last dose of fibrerplex at half 11ish like you suggested. I will definitely be sharing pics of Toasty once i figure out how to use photobucket, wish it was just as simple as posting pics on social media lol. He’s a beautiful chestnut colour [emoji7]i’ll try posting pics of him in the afternoon. He has instagram too if your on that [emoji1].

He take it okay? My two that have had it seemed to like it, coz it's carrot flavoured [emoji38]

Idk if photobucket works actually, I use imgur for hosting, or if you have Tapatalk you can post straight from your phone :) I'm not on Instagram, but a lot of people on here are so I'm sure they'd love to follow if you share it :)

Very true indeed. When i use to feed it to him from the syringe itself i use to find it difficult to fit it in his mouth & sometimes the fiberplex would get jammed inside the tube & wouldn’t come out. It was hard to tell if he liked it then or not. But recently i decided to just dispense the product from the syringe onto a spoon & scoop the end of the syringe into the fiberplex on the spoon ( if that makes sense) & put it near his face & he gets so excited, he licks the syringe clean 😄. Next time try my method & see if your bun will eat it voluntarily. My bun loves carrots so i guess it makes sense for him to love a carrot flavoured food 😂.

Last edited:
Toasty - try Imgur for uploading pics, its really easy. Hope Toasty is still making progress

Thanks Joey&Boo, so far he's improved a lot than before, he's eating his pellets (still not a lot like he used too but it's something :)) and bits of his hay. I found that the fibreplex helps stimulate his appetite, he always eats something straight after he has that :love:

It's just fibre, but obviously you don't want to over do it, is it 5 hours since you collected him then? If so I'd probably give it just before I went to bed, won't be the 8 but will probably be okay, I also think that the fact it says 3 times a day, allows for it not to be exact, I mean some people would do morning, midday and evening rather than every 8 hours I'm guessing.

Oh I love nethies! You'll have to post a pic of him at some point [emoji7]

Hey Graciee :wave:, I've just started a thread called 'My name is Toasty Roasty Fruity Nut' in 'Your stories and photos'. You can check out his recent pics there :love:

Hey Graciee :wave:, I've just started a thread called 'My name is Toasty Roasty Fruity Nut' in 'Your stories and photos'. You can check out his recent pics there :love:

Ahh I just saw [emoji7][emoji7] he's seriously cute, I love nethies [emoji7][emoji7]

What is the difference betwin Fiberplex and Pro-Fibre? What has more/less fiber?
Fiber plex is like a paste in a tube, whereas pro fibre is pellets - not sure what's more fibre, I'd guess the fibre plex paste tho

Oh the paste also has pre and probiotics in it iirc! I can't remember if the pellets do also tho.. Helpful aren't I [emoji38]

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Last edited:
What is the difference betwin Fiberplex and Pro-Fibre? What has more/less fiber?

I've just tried looking at fibreplex - theres pretty much no relevant info on their website so I don't know how you could ever work this out. from personal experience my rabbits much preferred protexin pro fibre pellets & I think they made a difference (I was using them on a very poorly bunny). The fibreplex paste I found really difficult to administer & my bunnies spit it out. The pellets would last a lot longer too I think. Is this for little brko?

I've just tried looking at fibreplex - theres pretty much no relevant info on their website so I don't know how you could ever work this out. from personal experience my rabbits much preferred protexin pro fibre pellets & I think they made a difference (I was using them on a very poorly bunny). The fibreplex paste I found really difficult to administer & my bunnies spit it out. The pellets would last a lot longer too I think. Is this for little brko?

The paste is carrot flavoured and mine all like it actually!

The paste is more for if they have stasis or need a big hit of fibre regularly, pellets are more passive imo

The paste is carrot flavoured and mine all like it actually!

The paste is more for if they have stasis or need a big hit of fibre regularly, pellets are more passive imo

Gosh, I had no luck getting it in Rudey or when Joey had it when he was poorly last summer

Can you read this? It's the nutritional content of the fibreplex paste.

If you can't read it lemme know I'll write it out, Tapatalk compresses the **** out of images unless you pay [emoji38]
87042d4f647fdb68a3f231161a8650e3.jpg

Gosh, I had no luck getting it in Rudey or when Joey had it when he was poorly last summer
Always the way isn't it [emoji38] Clementine and Atticus actually willingly lick it up [emoji38]

Back