• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How do you people bond 2 x 1 pair of buns into a group of 4?

Happy Hopping

Wise Old Thumper
I have planning ahead: say my 2 buns have bonded.

Say I get SPCA to bond a pair of male + female at their place.

So now I have 2 x 1 pair of bonded pair.

Don't tell me I can do 2 x 2 on a bath tub? As the bath tub stress bonding works quite nicely with my "almost" bonded pair.

In the past, I let 2 buns, 1 male + 1 female to hop around at the back yard, do some fur pulling and that works

and I have seen video from people like Lisa at Bunny Mad magazine w/ a group of buns, so obviously it can be done

what are the best way doing this?

I put mine into a large puppy pen (at least six panels) in my bedroom with a litter tray full of newspaper and hay per rabbit and one extra.

I put them in and watched. Large piles of grass and or forage helped to distract them when necessary.

It was fun and stressful all at the same time!

They have been a happy quad for 6 years now.

I put them out into their shed and run after nearly two weeks and made sure to give them litter trys that had not been too recently cleaned to avoid reclaiming them in a new environment.

Good luck.

2 week is all it takes? how long per session? and are you doing 2 week x 7 days non stop or did you have a gap in between?

Essentially it is not any different from bonding a single pair. I had a pair of females and a pair of males and put all of them in the kitchen with lots of hay trays and food. I did this for 20mins the first day and slowly extended the time of a few weeks. When i was sure they were ready I put them all out into new accommodation. I have tried this twice. It worked beautifully the first time and not at all the second due to the personalities of the rabbits which is key I think.

thank you rabbit people. Those 2 threads are long. Good thing there is no TV shows next week. I'll read it and post question later. Thank you again

Back