• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Worried about Boo

joey&boo

Wise Old Thumper
The night before last I woke up as Boo ran across my head, I noticed she settled on Bob's pillow & gave his head a thorough groom. When she did that we mused about whether she was trying to tell us something as the last time she did it (bar during quad bonding) was when she needed a dental. This morning she took too long to eat a cauliflower stalk & I didn't hear her drink water . For some reason she won't drink when she goes dental. Then when I saw her in better light her left eye is all cloudy & strange looking - to me she looks blind.

I'm really worried about her, her eye & whats caused it

The night before last I woke up as Boo ran across my head, I noticed she settled on Bob's pillow & gave his head a thorough groom. When she did that we mused about whether she was trying to tell us something as the last time she did it (bar during quad bonding) was when she needed a dental. This morning she took too long to eat a cauliflower stalk & I didn't hear her drink water . For some reason she won't drink when she goes dental. Then when I saw her in better light her left eye is all cloudy & strange looking - to me she looks blind.

I'm really worried about her, her eye & whats caused it

The cloudy eye could be a cataract. The other symptoms do seem to indicate that her teeth may need looking at again. Sending vibes her way :love:

The cloudy eye could be a cataract. The other symptoms do seem to indicate that her teeth may need looking at again. Sending vibes her way :love:

thanks for the vibes JJ. Its appeared really suddenly & seems to affect the whole eye - would a ruptured lens look that way? Its not bulging in any way. i've tried taking photos but they are no good

Sending vibes. Your instincts have been sound before. How long has she gone since her previous dental?

Tink's cataracts appeared very suddenly, it's quite a shock.

Feel free to give me a shout if I can be of any assistance tomorrow.

Sending vibes. Your instincts have been sound before. How long has she gone since her previous dental?

Tink's cataracts appeared very suddenly, it's quite a shock.

Feel free to give me a shout if I can be of any assistance tomorrow.

In my head it was Feb but thats when Becky found the rogue manky tooth, after that her last one was April

Thanks A

Maybe stress of needing dental caused EC flare up (I don't know if she has this or not) & its two separate problems Becky did suggest other things but my brain didn't hold on to them

Thank You. The bunny on the bottom of medi rabbit page looks like Mouse. Some of those eyes look really grim. It looks like keratitis if any (going from those pics. She is an active bunny though & if she stays still to be petted she shuts her eyes - I can't get a decent look without bothering her

Sorry to hear about Boos eye, and possible dental problem. She's in good hands with you, hope you get her sorted soon xxx

she needs to be looked at by a vet surely? she could be in pain.
wishing her all the best xxx

Oh no Boo :( I hope she's okay and if she needs a dental can have it soon, I hate this time of year for this kinda thing, sending millions of vibes xx

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Aw, poor Boo. :( I can't remember when I first saw eye issues with Mimzy but by the time he has his head tilt I think he was already losing his sight. He was blind and deaf for the last half of his life.

I hope Boo's issues are easily sussed and she is back to her old self soon. :love: xxxx

Thank You everybun. Bob home & just looked at it - he doesn't seem as worried as me which is reassuring. To me it doesn't look as bad as earlier. For those who have REW its like when their eyes can look yellow not pink in bright like. There ia a definite difference between the eyes though.

Sorry Mike, I should have said she is booked in at my vets in Harrogate but not til tomorrow evening when I can get a lift. I've spoken to her vet today to see if I should do the journey by taxi but she was happy to wait given she is bright (maybe too bright), poos big & eating everything well (except cauliflower stalks). We have started on panacur at Beckys suggestion in case it is EC related . She isn't showing signs of pain so she said no metacam on this occasion til she has been seen xx

I've tried giving her water orally but she is obstinate. I fed her some recovery food with 30mls of water which she gobbled from a dish - just to try & get liquid in to her. Wetting her veggies too.

Thank You everybun. Bob home & just looked at it - he doesn't seem as worried as me which is reassuring. To me it doesn't look as bad as earlier. For those who have REW its like when their eyes can look yellow not pink in bright like. There ia a definite difference between the eyes though.

Sorry Mike, I should have said she is booked in at my vets in Harrogate but not til tomorrow evening when I can get a lift. I've spoken to her vet today to see if I should do the journey by taxi but she was happy to wait given she is bright (maybe too bright), poos big & eating everything well (except cauliflower stalks). We have started on panacur at Beckys suggestion in case it is EC related . She isn't showing signs of pain so she said no metacam on this occasion til she has been seen xx

I've tried giving her water orally but she is obstinate. I fed her some recovery food with 30mls of water which she gobbled from a dish - just to try & get liquid in to her. Wetting her veggies too.

Last time I saw my vet with Tui, we discussed her REW eyes and she said that when it's not such a bright light they can look green, but I can't say I've ever noticed that.

I'm glad that Bob isn't so worried and that you think it looks a bit better.

Back