• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help with rabbit bowl!

Hi all, I am not a rabbit owner but my friend has just adopted a rabbit. For a birthday gift I was hoping to personalise a bowl for her new companion.
As I haven’t owned a rabbit before, I am novice when it comes to rabbit health. Just wondering if there are any rabbit safe paints ect I could use to decorate a pre made bowl for her. Or is it best not to do this at all?
I’ve already brought a bowl, and did buy some pens to use on ceramics. And after starting to paint, I came to the sudden realisation that it could make her rabbit ill! 😪
Her little bun is called Baymax, after the robot from Disney’s Big Hero 6 and thought it would be a cool idea to make him his own little bowl!
Thank you 😊

What a thoughtful idea :love: I’m not sure on bunny safe paints that would be suitable for ceramics but hopefully someone can help :thumb:

What a lovely idea :love: sorry I don't know the answer either. Does it say on the markers if they are pet safe ? To be honest though, if you are decorating around the outside of the bowl, keeping it away from the rim, I would have thought it unlikely to come into contact with a bunny mouth ?

Fab gift idea. I honestly don't think painting the outside will be a problem as long as there is no ongoing odour . Its not like its in a place bunny is likely to lick or chew & it wont be making contact with the drinking water (or food).

Thank you everyone for the reply! Luckily the pens haven’t dried properly on the bowl, so I’ll go and find some pet safe paints! Thank you again!

Fab gift idea. I honestly don't think painting the outside will be a problem as long as there is no ongoing odour . Its not like its in a place bunny is likely to lick or chew & it wont be making contact with the drinking water (or food).

+1
(& am ready to be corrected) but can't imagine any paint these days being unsafe unless ingested in vast quantities.

Back