• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I got me a cuddle bun

joey&boo

Wise Old Thumper
:love: excuse bad photos & us both plastered in recovery food . I had to share my happiness that Rudey has turned in to cuddle bun / lap bunny. Rather than asking to be put down more often than not he now cosies up on my lap for 20-30 minutes

xqJTdzLm.jpg
Sc6RmCzm.jpg

Aww :love: I’ve only ever had one cuddle bun, Boots :love: I still miss my cuddles with him.

:love: excuse bad photos & us both plastered in recovery food . I had to share my happiness that Rudey has turned in to cuddle bun / lap bunny. Rather than asking to be put down more often than not he now cosies up on my lap for 20-30 minutes

xqJTdzLm.jpg
[/IMG]
Sc6RmCzm.jpg
[/IMG]
He's so cute [emoji7] Atticus has become a very licky bun since he was unwell recently, it completely changed him. Cuddly buns are the best, rare but the best. Fleur was my cuddliest bun, she's honk and stamp if she saw me and try to get into my arms [emoji38] even if it meant scaling the sofa and throwing herself at me.. I have a scar on my arm from when she did that and I didn't realise she was about to (she was so small and quick [emoji38]) and she hit into me and scratched my arm before I could grab her [emoji38] she was fine, I was bleeding [emoji38]

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Out of my first six bunnies three were massive cuddlers. I thought there was something wrong with the aloof ones:lol:. Ralph was the best, he begged to be picked up. We had so many sofa snoozes with him lying out on my belly:love: Ralph was like a really fat Rudey in looks

I've experienced that a lot too Graicee - when you give them loads of hands on care I reckon they "know" we're trying to help

Out of my first six bunnies three were massive cuddlers. I thought there was something wrong with the aloof ones[emoji38]. Ralph was the best, he begged to be picked up. We had so many sofa snoozes with him lying out on my belly:love: Ralph was like a really fat Rudey in looks

I've experienced that a lot too Graicee - when you give them loads of hands on care I reckon they "know" we're trying to help
Wow that's good odds! Atticus was affectionate until he was neutered then he was aggressive and violent tbqh.. He'd literally attack anyone that came near him [emoji51] that was fun.. So glad we've got passed that, Clementine is so lovely and affectionate and grooms you to death, but pick her up.. And damn you better sleep with your door locked [emoji38] Penelope will accept pets sometimes, picking up is out of the question, unless she's scared at the vets, then I get all 5.9kg launched at me [emoji38] Apricot is cuddly and lovely and wants to be on your lap or climbing on you all the time [emoji38]

Yea it's weird how he's changed this time.. I obviously love Atticus, would do anything for him, but I'm a little nervous of him sometimes, he hurt me quite badly in the past and when he first started grooming me I kept flinching and he kept stopping and looking confused [emoji38] I don't flinch as much now, but I don't let him put his face near my body when he sits on my knees now, still scared he'll bite me [emoji51]

Knox is a cuddle bunny, not with me but with my cat Blossom. Blossom shouts at me in teh mornings to let Knox out

RQwaXtr.jpg
- let the bunny out Dad!

WHCJ7zu.jpg
- that's better

Knox is a cuddle bunny, not with me but with my cat Blossom. Blossom shouts at me in teh mornings to let Knox out

RQwaXtr.jpg
- let the bunny out Dad!

WHCJ7zu.jpg
- that's better
That's adorable [emoji7]

Aww I'm so jealous you've got a cuddle bun! Lovely pics, he looks very happy and relaxed on your lap.

I do agree that nursing a bun through illness seems to change their attitude towards us. Fudgie was very aloof with me for the first 18 months. Then I nursed her through a severe two week stasis episode and she started to mellow towards me. Even started to let me stroke her! I don't think she'll ever be a lap bun but whenever I come in she does a binky and runs over to say hello and give me a vigorous nose bumping. Snoopy on the other hand really couldn't give a toss I'm back [emoji23]

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk

Blossom & Knox are very nicely co-ordinated. My first bun used to go in to my back yard via a cat flap & sit on a pallet in this doorless outbuilding with a black cat. They were the same colour too

Aww I'm so jealous you've got a cuddle bun! Lovely pics, he looks very happy and relaxed on your lap.

I do agree that nursing a bun through illness seems to change their attitude towards us. Fudgie was very aloof with me for the first 18 months. Then I nursed her through a severe two week stasis episode and she started to mellow towards me. Even started to let me stroke her! I don't think she'll ever be a lap bun but whenever I come in she does a binky and runs over to say hello and give me a vigorous nose bumping. Snoopy on the other hand really couldn't give a toss I'm back [emoji23]

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk

Mouse was very Snoopy -esque but even she has gone strange. Started lying by my feet rather than under the table. I'm touched but suspicious

Blossom & Knox are very nicely co-ordinated. My first bun used to go in to my back yard via a cat flap & sit on a pallet in this doorless outbuilding with a black cat. They were the same colour too

Thanks I have Gable as well (same colouration), always seemed to have Black and White Pets. All adopted/rescues as well

Thanks I have Gable as well (same colouration), always seemed to have Black and White Pets. All adopted/rescues as well
I always seem to get identical pairs of buns [emoji38] not on purpose obvs

I always seem to get identical pairs of buns [emoji38] not on purpose obvs

I tend to take the ones that been there the longest, typically black or mostly black. Guess they dont photograph too well in this social media age

I tend to take the ones that been there the longest, typically black or mostly black. Guess they dont photograph too well in this social media age
Yea apparently black pets are the hardest to re home! And greyhounds, so black greyhounds are doomed :( very sad, I had a black bun that no one seemed to want, she was hard to photograph [emoji38] but the best bun ever :)

2 of my 3 are all black. Madelyn is mostly white. Others are right about photographing black bunnies, especially the ones that have shiny smooth coats like my Raven.
My Madelyn is a lap bunny. She allows me to pick her up only for a minute, yet will sit as long as she gets lots of pets.

Cuddle buns are special, chase is the same x

aren't we lucky:love:

I have a thing for black bunnies, thats how come Rudey stole my heart when he was advertised on here. Agoutis are unpopular too aren't they? I think they are really beautiful (I'm talking about you Archie & Joey)

Back