• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Vibes for Will please -very poorly *Positive update #36*

Den

Mama Doe
My little man is not very well. Vet has diagnosed central Vestibular Disease, likely caused by EC as he has had exposure via Nancy. He was absolutely fine last night but he was dragging his back legs this morning although ate well by hand feeding. He deteriorated with nodding head and eyes.

I managed to see my 'favourite' vet and Will has had injections of Metacam and Baytril and first Panacur dose at the vets. He is at home now with Nancy looking after him.

We have critical care in case he cannot eat unaided. I have very bad feelings about this.

Any spare vibes much appreciated.

Last edited:
So sorry to hear about Will, Ive no experience of this, but sending a million vibes that he can be helped xxx

My boy Rudey went from perfectly mobile to dragging his back legs recently. This was about 5 -6 weeks ago. He's moving fine now (just to give you hope) You got him treatment really fast so I really hope its a success. Loads of vibes for Will. Its hard but try to keep the faith he can get better xx

Sending lots of vibes, have experience of vestibular disease and it can be very up and down but they can make a recovery x

I am really sorry to hear this :cry: Did the Vet advise you to treat Nancy with Panacur again too ? IMO she should be. Sending lots of vibes xx

I'm sad to read this about your lovely Will. Sending him loads of vibes and hoping that he improves soon.

I am really sorry to hear this :cry: Did the Vet advise you to treat Nancy with Panacur again too ? IMO she should be. Sending lots of vibes xx

Yes, Nancy is being treated too.

Thanks everyone. OH has just reported he has eaten some pellets sn although wobbly seems brighter.

Yes, Nancy is being treated too.

Thanks everyone. OH has just reported he has eaten some pellets sn although wobbly seems brighter.

Great news on both counts. It may take a long time but recovery is possible and the fact that he has already shown some improvement is very encouraging xx

Sending lots if vibes for will - I hope he continues to be bright and eat well xx

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Back