• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Can anyone refer me to...

...previous thread about bonding young, unspeyed females with neutered males?

I've got two neutered boys coming in to try to bond with my two as-of-yet unspeyed girls. They'll be speyed as soon as they're old enough (they're only young, 15 weeks)...

If no threads, can anyone point me in the direction of a good article on the topic? I'm fully up to speed on bonding in general, but haven't been able to find this combination mentioned!

Merci dudes!

(I'm full of posts lately!)

I am going to have to do this myself now sooner than I had thought. Pie & Mash are seven and both neutered. Aggie hasn't been spayed and she is 18 months old.

Because she is now on her own I am going to to try and put her with Pie & Mash (I feel really sad for her as she is used to having a chum to snuggle in with).

She and Kim hit it off straight away (despite both being unspayed) and bonded within seconds of being put together - I doubt if I will be as lucky this time. I am going to follow the same process though. I have moved the boys run right up next to Aggie - she is curious as she can obviously smell them and they have rubbed noses through the mesh and Mash has stuck a paw through as way of a hello.

I will keep this up for a few days and then remove the mesh and see what happens - I will be standing by with water pistols at the ready.

There was a post about adding a third bunny to a bonded pair and I am sure that the advice there was to do as you would with just two buns but obviously on a bigger scale. I would imagine there will be a lot of huping and squashing to begin with but even Kim and Aggie did that. It is a dominance thing to squidge another bun.

I will keep my fingers crossed for you (and me).

lol Pam

Back