• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Charlie seems unhappy ☹

Buzzwizz619

Warren Scout
Charlie is fine, he's eating and pooping and to anyone else he would look like a perfectly normal bunny but something about him just feels off and has done for the last few weeks.

Lilly got poorly (dental issues, fixed now) and on the same day I had a new livingroom rug.

Lilly was very quiet for a few days while she was poorly which must of confused him, he doesn't like no rug, refuses to step on it even for nuggets or treats, he will just about stretch to the very edge but that's about it (either he's offended by fluffy rugs or he doesn't like the dog scent that's on it - it doesn't smell like dog to humans but it was my mum's so I'm sure has doggy sent to a bunny nose)

So now he barely comes in the livingroom, bit he also seems to just not be quiet as enthusiastic about food. His poops are amazing but his reaction to nuggets and treats seems to be more "yum yum " rather than "best food EVER". But then there's also all Xmas stuff up as well so maybe that's also throwing him off.

I don't know, I'm tempted take him for a check up but explaining that he's "fine" but just seems less happy seems weird 😂

Charlie is fine, he's eating and pooping and to anyone else he would look like a perfectly normal bunny but something about him just feels off and has done for the last few weeks.

Lilly got poorly (dental issues, fixed now) and on the same day I had a new livingroom rug.

Lilly was very quiet for a few days while she was poorly which must of confused him, he doesn't like no rug, refuses to step on it even for nuggets or treats, he will just about stretch to the very edge but that's about it (either he's offended by fluffy rugs or he doesn't like the dog scent that's on it - it doesn't smell like dog to humans but it was my mum's so I'm sure has doggy sent to a bunny nose)

So now he barely comes in the livingroom, bit he also seems to just not be quiet as enthusiastic about food. His poops are amazing but his reaction to nuggets and treats seems to be more "yum yum " rather than "best food EVER". But then there's also all Xmas stuff up as well so maybe that's also throwing him off.

I don't know, I'm tempted take him for a check up but explaining that he's "fine" but just seems less happy seems weird ��

If in any doubt a Vet check is always best. Then if all is well physically you can look at changing things in his environment that may be distressing him. First I'd remove the rug and see if that makes a difference. Some people claim to have found using something like this helps in situations where stress and anxiety are an issue

https://www.vetimed.co.uk/pet/produ...vYKIvePN_HcNkMd1jD9nRLUAPQ4dlFXRoCOZoQAvD_BwE

I’ve used the plug-in pet remedy and will be buying more; it’s helped my little Teddy who is a lovely, lovely bun but who gets stressed if there are changes. He likes everything to be ‘just right’ x

Charlie had a dental today, his teeth weren't terrible but did have spurs on his lower teeth. So hopefully he will be happier mow, if not I'll run a blood test make sure everything is ok with him.

Bunnys are so stressful!!

Charlie had a dental today, his teeth weren't terrible but did have spurs on his lower teeth. So hopefully he will be happier mow, if not I'll run a blood test make sure everything is ok with him.

Bunnys are so stressful!!

aww bless. Hope the dental does the trick & he recovers well

Oh Charlie :( I hope that the dental has helped. Otherwise my money would be on the rug :) Yes, bunnies are indeed very stressful.

Oh Charlie :( I hope that the dental has helped. Otherwise my money would be on the rug :) Yes, bunnies are indeed very stressful.

Possibly but he's not really a stressy bun, in the 7 month's he's been with me he's had so many changes and nothing has fazed him, he's seen the dog multiple times and has never bothered him and I'd expect for him to atleast eat with as much gusto as normal when aware from the evil rug if it was all down to that.

I don't know, bunnies are exhausting ��

Charlie isn't doing great post GA �� he's not eaten or pooped in the last 24 hours. If I syringe feed him he will swallow a few ml but just holds the rest in his mouth.

He had 3 doses of metacloprimide (sc) yesterday, ranitidine (sc) at teatime and this morning and now he's back at work and I'm stuck at college ��

I know he's in the best hands and they will take care of him but I should be there with him (I work there so I'm not used to being away from them when they are poorly) I'm so worried about my little man ☹☹☹

I really hope he will be feeling better soon. It took Frosty about 10 days to recover post dental last time, although I that was due to him having ulcers on his tongue. Is he having metacam too?

He's doing ok ��I left home at 745 and he wasn't eating but seemed ok, 2 hours later my mum went down check on him and said he looked like rubbish, Was just sitting with his ears back.

My BF picked him up and dropped him into work by 11am at which point he was apparently really flat and body temp sas low and they did worry that maybe he wouldn't be ok, but 40 minutes after vetergesic and fluids he perked up.

His blood glucose was 11 which is consistent which stress buy not high enough for major worry, he chewed through his drip line after 2ml so has been on fluid boluses instead.

He's on metacloprimide every 6 hours, ranitidine every 8 hours and vetergesic every 6 hours, he's home now and will come back in with me tomorrow.

He's currently separated from his wife with a mesh divide so I can monitor poops (none passed yet) but he's eaten a single spinach leaf and looks suitably annoyed rather than flat ��

Fingers crossed for him+

Poor Charlie :( I hope he improves overnight. It sounds as though he's getting special treatment from your vet. Topping up the vibes for him.

After a very long 54 hours Charlie has finally passed a few poops! I managed to get him on IVFT for 4 hours today before I gave up because he was chewing through the drip lines �� he's eating abit more and still has a long way to go but it's a step in the right direction!

Thankyou! He's doing ok he's done more poops over night but still not eating properly ☹ he will eat bits here and there but nothing substantial on his own ☹

Update - after a very long 5 days we discovered a very large bruise on Charlies abdomen, following a ultrasound and bloods it appears he somehow managed to bruise his liver! Within 24 hours of metacam and tramadol he was a different bunny. He is back to his usual mischevious self although how he bruised his liver I have no idea (only possible explanation is basing himself on his litter tray Monday night when he was still abit sleepy) but his better that's the main thing 😃

And the evil rug has been taken away and stored upstairs, after about such a long week I decided it wasn't worth upsetting him, I happy bunny is more important than a pretty rug 😂

Back