Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Charlie seems unhappy ☹

Default Charlie seems unhappy ☹

Charlie is fine, he's eating and pooping and to anyone else he would look like a perfectly normal bunny but something about him just feels off and has done for the last few weeks.

Lilly got poorly (dental issues, fixed now) and on the same day I had a new livingroom rug.

Lilly was very quiet for a few days while she was poorly which must of confused him, he doesn't like no rug, refuses to step on it even for nuggets or treats, he will just about stretch to the very edge but that's about it (either he's offended by fluffy rugs or he doesn't like the dog scent that's on it - it doesn't smell like dog to humans but it was my mum's so I'm sure has doggy sent to a bunny nose)

So now he barely comes in the livingroom, bit he also seems to just not be quiet as enthusiastic about food. His poops are amazing but his reaction to nuggets and treats seems to be more "yum yum " rather than "best food EVER". But then there's also all Xmas stuff up as well so maybe that's also throwing him off.

I don't know, I'm tempted take him for a check up but explaining that he's "fine" but just seems less happy seems weird 😂

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzwizz619 View Post
    Charlie is fine, he's eating and pooping and to anyone else he would look like a perfectly normal bunny but something about him just feels off and has done for the last few weeks.

Lilly got poorly (dental issues, fixed now) and on the same day I had a new livingroom rug.

Lilly was very quiet for a few days while she was poorly which must of confused him, he doesn't like no rug, refuses to step on it even for nuggets or treats, he will just about stretch to the very edge but that's about it (either he's offended by fluffy rugs or he doesn't like the dog scent that's on it - it doesn't smell like dog to humans but it was my mum's so I'm sure has doggy sent to a bunny nose)

So now he barely comes in the livingroom, bit he also seems to just not be quiet as enthusiastic about food. His poops are amazing but his reaction to nuggets and treats seems to be more "yum yum " rather than "best food EVER". But then there's also all Xmas stuff up as well so maybe that's also throwing him off.

I don't know, I'm tempted take him for a check up but explaining that he's "fine" but just seems less happy seems weird ��
    If in any doubt a Vet check is always best. Then if all is well physically you can look at changing things in his environment that may be distressing him. First I'd remove the rug and see if that makes a difference. Some people claim to have found using something like this helps in situations where stress and anxiety are an issue

https://www.vetimed.co.uk/pet/produc...RoCOZoQAvD_BwE

Reference Links for Various Rabbit Health Problems :

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/fo....php?59-Health

Dont procrastinate, VACCINATE

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/sh...60#post7041560

IF YOU THINK THAT YOUR RABBIT MAY BE UNWELL ALWAYS CONTACT A VET STRAIGHT AWAY

Iíve used the plug-in pet remedy and will be buying more; itís helped my little Teddy who is a lovely, lovely bun but who gets stressed if there are changes. He likes everything to be Ďjust rightí x

Charlie had a dental today, his teeth weren't terrible but did have spurs on his lower teeth. So hopefully he will be happier mow, if not I'll run a blood test make sure everything is ok with him.

Bunnys are so stressful!!

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzwizz619 View Post
    Charlie had a dental today, his teeth weren't terrible but did have spurs on his lower teeth. So hopefully he will be happier mow, if not I'll run a blood test make sure everything is ok with him.

Bunnys are so stressful!!
    aww bless. Hope the dental does the trick & he recovers well

Wise Old Thumper

Oh Charlie I hope that the dental has helped. Otherwise my money would be on the rug Yes, bunnies are indeed very stressful.

I hope he is feeling better soon, sending lots of vibes xx

Binky free at the bridge Boots, you will never be forgotten xxxx

Quote Originally Posted by Omi View Post
    Oh Charlie I hope that the dental has helped. Otherwise my money would be on the rug Yes, bunnies are indeed very stressful.
    Possibly but he's not really a stressy bun, in the 7 month's he's been with me he's had so many changes and nothing has fazed him, he's seen the dog multiple times and has never bothered him and I'd expect for him to atleast eat with as much gusto as normal when aware from the evil rug if it was all down to that.

I don't know, bunnies are exhausting ��

Charlie isn't doing great post GA �� he's not eaten or pooped in the last 24 hours. If I syringe feed him he will swallow a few ml but just holds the rest in his mouth.

He had 3 doses of metacloprimide (sc) yesterday, ranitidine (sc) at teatime and this morning and now he's back at work and I'm stuck at college ��

I know he's in the best hands and they will take care of him but I should be there with him (I work there so I'm not used to being away from them when they are poorly) I'm so worried about my little man ☹☹☹

I really hope he will be feeling better soon. It took Frosty about 10 days to recover post dental last time, although I that was due to him having ulcers on his tongue. Is he having metacam too?

Binky free at the bridge Boots, you will never be forgotten xxxx