• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Basil hamster

SarahP

Wise Old Thumper
Had to have Basil hamster put to sleep. :( He was about 2 and a half and had an abdominal mass that was growing quite fast. He had also started peeing bright red blood which may or may not have been anything to do with it, but it didn't seem fair to attempt to treat with antibiotics when there was obviously something quite sinister going on. :(

Will miss him a lot. I am now hamsterless :(
c80184f87590c6467fb1578cb1c3dd06.jpg
9f0094217f525b882dce2265c7cdfa72.jpg

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Oh I'm so sorry :'(

Basil was such a cutie xxx

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

I'm so sorry Sarah :cry: I agree completely with your decision, as distressing as I'm sure it must have been. He looks as though he was a cute little fella.

Thanks. :) Yeah, it's something I always struggle with, knowing exactly when the time is right. I suppose in real life there really is no 'right' time, we can only do what we think is best.

I’m so sorry:cry: I think you did the kindest thing for him.

Scurry free at the bridge little one xx

Aww,I'm so sorry.Sadly they are prone to tumours in old age.I've had a fair few hamsters helped to the bridge due to large masses.Scurry free Basil.:(

Back