• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Dennis

loobers25

Warren Veteran
We was syringing Dennis as normal when I heard a crunch which sounded like it came from his shoulder. It possibly could of been me as I have crunchy hypermobile joints. Would athritic buns make a crunchy joint sound? When I put him down he ate all his breakfast and hay pudding. Eating still when I did the lunch time bun run. Anybun have any experience of this if it was him?

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

We was syringing Dennis as normal when I heard a crunch which sounded like it came from his shoulder. It possibly could of been me as I have crunchy hypermobile joints. Would athritic buns make a crunchy joint sound? When I put him down he ate all his breakfast and hay pudding. Eating still when I did the lunch time bun run. Anybun have any experience of this if it was him?

I very much doubt it came from him. I think you are perhaps feeling a tad anxious in general and understandably fearing worst case scenarios. Rich coming from me as I have been doing just that myself over the last few days. My poor Vet has had to try to keep me 'grounded' and to stop me from over-thinking everything. From the sounds of it Dennis is fine, eating and behaving normally and oblivious to any anxieties.

Sorry to hear that you have joint hypomobility, I have been told it can be extremely painful.

You will be keeping a close eye on Dennis, but as I said I very much doubt the 'crunchy' noise came from him or is anything to worry about :)

Sending lots of vibes for Dennis and lots of hugs for you. I really can't be sure, but I have had arthritis in very many of my joints for very many years and I can't ever remember any of those joints ever making any sound at all.

I'd been wondering how Denny was doing?

It sounds a scary experience but I'd expect Denny to let you know in some rabbity way or other if he was hurting. I have heard a weird noise picking up Mouse before - maybe similar. She appeared exactly the same though so I just kept a close eye on her, I don't think she was broken, I certainly hope not xx

Bear with me here, scary story with a happy ending!

It was, ooh, 1996 I reckon, a dark wet winter's night and Dad was on feeding Charlie duty. Charlie was a little agouti Nethie who lived in a run-hutch combo and at this point was about 8.5yrs. Just as Dad stepped into the run, Charlie ran out from the hutch and under his foot and Dad heard a horrible 'crunch' :S Charlie didn't seem hurt, but the next morning he didn't seem to have touched his muesli (those were the days!) :S We took him to the vets the next day: his teeth were OK, his jaw wasn't broken, he seemed OK but just not hungry... The vet gave him an injection (presumably gut motility) and he ate like a horse for the next couple of days and was fine for a few long months :) We assumed he just got a fright!

We'll never know what that crunch was, but it doesn't matter :)

what a superstar:love: golden poop award winner?
No way not when custard is around! Hers are so bright you have to wear those free glasses the Sun newspaper provided for the eclipse - don't peep or you'll go blind

So i was out last night for my work Christmas do and i was ready to go home so i text OH. OH was MIA which is really unlike him so i thought maybe he had fallen asleep. Later i get a call explaining that he was in the bunny room and Dennis is being a rotter. I get home to confirm that Dennis is being a rotter, all full of beans and destroying the willow balls that hang on the radiator valves. He is running around on the lava (the floor which has not got hay on it) and this morning they have made a right old mess.

Thoughts? Is he feeling more comfortable? Or the opposite?

See here exhibit A.

Poop allover the floor that's been turfed out the litter tray, no matching willow ball on the radiator and playing in a corner they are both normally not fond of
4c69dca7874bf9ea595593b5dd39e6ab.jpg

Sounds like he is feeling happy to me!!
The first thing Phillip did this week once he felt better was attempt to destroy my shoes and shred every piece of cardboard he could get his paws on.

Enjoy the clear up :lol:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back