• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Wheatgrass

sillyrabbit

Wise Old Thumper
Is this bunny safe?

I’m looking for things I can easily grow inside for my bunny as we move his little garden in from the balcony over winter, and I keep seeing wheatgrass plants at the grocery store.

Wheat (and other cereal grasses) are what are grown indoors as cat grass. You can also buy them at places like Galen's Garden for rabbits and guinea pigs. They aren't really like outdoor grasses (higher in protein, more nutritious, as they are faster growing).

Yeah I saw on the info label that they are good for growing indoors. I struggle to keep bunny edibles alive indoors, I’m kind of dreading the winter because my bunny is so used to having all these plants now :lol:

I will pick one up next time I’m shopping :wave:

I know what you mean about dreading winter with regard to bunny feeding. Mine have an amazing array of fresh forage Spring to Autumn, I feel so guilty in Winter when its a handful of dried forage & a few greens

I didn’t even think ahead and dry anything :shock: and I can’t find dried forage treats here like you can there. I also feel bad as he is also so used to our little morning sit out on the balcony while I drink my coffee, and that ain’t happening anymore :lol: his area leads onto the balcony so he is just sitting and looking and waiting!

Back