• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Recommendations for a bunny savvy Vet PORTSMOUTH

The Duchess

Wise Old Thumper
One of my rescue clients has recently moved to Portsmouth and needs a good rabbit vet in the Portsmouth area of Hampshire if any of you can recommend one please? If you can give me the name of the vet you would use as well as the practice that would be amazing, thank you.

I’m not local but I’ve heard amazing things about John Chitty at Anton vets. That’s at Andover so I’m not sure if it’s a bit too far. Hopefully someone local can help.

I, too, would recommend John Chitty at Anton Vets, Andover ...... but in the back of my mind I have a feeling that you aren't a fan? I may be mis-remembering as its from ages ago.

Would also recommend John Chitty at Anton vets but if that’s too far Companion Care in Fareham are good and Federica at Hayling Island Vets4Pets is great as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for replying.

We needed a vet in Portsmouth proper as it was for end of life care and the owner didn’t want to travel far with the elderly boy. She used to use my rescue vet until recently when she moved to Portsmouth, so she could have come back to her old vet had distance not been an issue (Anton Vets would have been about 45 minutes from her).

The gentle old boy was helped over the bridge on Thursday evening by a rabbit savvy vet In Portsmouth itself recommended on my rescue FB page.

Thank you for replying.

We needed a vet in Portsmouth proper as it was for end of life care and the owner didn’t want to travel far with the elderly boy. She used to use my rescue vet until recently when she moved to Portsmouth, so she could have come back to her old vet had distance not been an issue (Anton Vets would have been about 45 minutes from her).

The gentle old boy was helped over the bridge on Thursday evening
by a rabbit savvy vet In Portsmouth itself recommended on my rescue FB page.

Bless him, may he now RIP :cry:

Thank you for replying.

The gentle old boy was helped over the bridge on Thursday evening by a rabbit savvy vet In Portsmouth itself recommended on my rescue FB page.

:cry: RIP bunny xx

Back