• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rescuing my Neighbours Rabbit

Thank you so much everyone! He went for his vhd2 vaccination today. Think it was his first vet visit ever! I've spoken with 2 vets and neither sounded too confident about neutering him. Just going to see how we get on for now, might have to find a more rabbit savvy vet if I decide to go down that route. Need to let him settle in and get to know him first. Don't think I could afford the injections to be honest as amazing as that sounds. [emoji3525] I would love to get him a friend eventually and wonder if I could get him paired up with another neutered/spayed bun even if he isn't neutered himself. I guess it totally depends on his temperament. Time will tell.

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk

He is very cute. Jack will now know what it means to be loved. Shame on the person who treated him so poorly.

He's so gorgeous [emoji7] tbh people may not agree but if he's not bothered by being intact and isn't going to be bonded necessarily I think I'd leave him as he is, to have a nice chilled out retirement with you :)

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Yep, I am thinking the same thing xx

What a beautiful little boy :love: My heart breaks for what he's been through :( But he's going to have such a lovely life with you from now on :) :love:

I'd keep him as a house bun but I have a cat who I don't think I'd trust around him. There's now talks of building him his own accommodation and this is coming from my dad who said no more rabbits!! [emoji38] Everyone is smitten with Jack. :love:

I've decided I'm not going to keep Jack. He's not going back to my neighbour!! Noooo way. I know people say don't take on a pet you can't keep but I had to take him because I had no other option really. No one could possibly be ok leaving Jack where he was but realistically I can't have 7 rabbits and the route to go down is get Jack a friend.

The plan is for him to stay here temporarily so I can get his next vaccination. I'm then going to take him to Frances Harcourt-Brown's vet practice (she is retired but there is a fab rabbit vet there) to discuss neutering options. Hopefully get him done and then he can go and live with my friend whilst we try find him a spayed female friend. If my friend decides she can't re-home him then I'm hoping to find him a home elsewhere with a spayed female.

Just want the best for him and I don't think I can give it him here when I already have a group of 5!

Last edited:
that all sounds like a solid plan for jack - I hope it goes well. Will you be seeing Ruth at Crab Lane?

So I was planning to post some good news today but sadly it's now devastating news as little Jack has passed away. :cry:

I managed to find him the most perfect home with my friend. We found the perfect set up for sale, got it dismantled, paid to have it delivered to her house then my dad spent 2 days building it and adding a floor so it was safe and secure. Jack moved in 13 days ago. I was so so happy for him, he had so much room and he absolutely loved it. Not only that but he had the best new family ever. In such a short space of time they got so attached and it was only last night I was telling my friend how I couldn't have found him a better home. We had plans to get him a buddy too but he couldn't be neutered for health reasons so we were letting him settle in before attempting to bond him with a spayed girl.

Anyway I've just had the most heartbreaking call from my friend, she is in absolute bits. Went to give Jack his breakfast and found him lying dead in his bedroom area. She keeps saying she doesn't know what she did wrong but I honestly don't think she did anything wrong. She's driving herself crazy 'did I not feed him enough, did I feed him too much, did he run into the door'. :cry: Jack was an old boy, over 10 years. He finally had his perfect home. He had the most amount of attention in this last week than he has ever had in his whole life, even more than I could give him when he was with me. He may have only been there for 13 days but I'm sure he was the happiest he's ever been.

RIP Jack you beautiful rabbit, I'm happy I finally got you the home you deserved even if not for long. [emoji3590][emoji24]
3a2bba2eb91656780cd5881a658a2639.jpg
a29bf4471cf4b36d0e8a4f359b1dc549.jpg

So I was planning to post some good news today but sadly it's now devastating news as little Jack has passed away. :cry:

I managed to find him the most perfect home with my friend. We found the perfect set up for sale, got it dismantled, paid to have it delivered to her house then my dad spent 2 days building it and adding a floor so it was safe and secure. Jack moved in 13 days ago. I was so so happy for him, he had so much room and he absolutely loved it. Not only that but he had the best new family ever. In such a short space of time they got so attached and it was only last night I was telling my friend how I couldn't have found him a better home. We had plans to get him a buddy too but he couldn't be neutered for health reasons so we were letting him settle in before attempting to bond him with a spayed girl.

Anyway I've just had the most heartbreaking call from my friend, she is in absolute bits. Went to give Jack his breakfast and found him lying dead in his bedroom area. She keeps saying she doesn't know what she did wrong but I honestly don't think she did anything wrong. She's driving herself crazy 'did I not feed him enough, did I feed him too much, did he run into the door'. :cry: Jack was an old boy, over 10 years. He finally had his perfect home. He had the most amount of attention in this last week than he has ever had in his whole life, even more than I could give him when he was with me. He may have only been there for 13 days but I'm sure he was the happiest he's ever been.

RIP Jack you beautiful rabbit, I'm happy I finally got you the home you deserved even if not for long. [emoji3590][emoji24]
3a2bba2eb91656780cd5881a658a2639.jpg
a29bf4471cf4b36d0e8a4f359b1dc549.jpg

Oh god, how awful :cry: I am so very sorry :cry:

RIP Jack x

Back