• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rescuing my Neighbours Rabbit

What a heartbreaking story....but I wonder that he waited until he was truly 'home' before he could be finally at peace. Your friend has done amazing by him :love:
I honestly hope that she manages to recover from this and offer her amazing home to another bunny or two that is desperately needing a second chance. What a legacy to Jack that would be :love: x

Thank you so much for your kind words everyone, I've shared them with my friend too. She is feeling a bit better now and I mentioned the idea of her rescuing more rabbits in memory of Jack. Pleased to say she was open to the idea now rather than being traumotised and put off. She has so much love to give and such a great set up, it would be such a shame not to open her heart up to some rescue bunnies. Xxx

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk

5 months later and after so much preparation and giving the shed a huge makeover, she is ready to adopt and has reserved two gorgeous boys. All because of Jack, now 2 rescue rabbits will get a lovely home. :love:

Oh gosh. This story has had me in tears fir the last hour. There’s so much real and raw emotion in this story.
Firstly, in my opinion Jack had the most love filled 13 days of his entire life because of you. It is possible he chose to go to the bridge because he was finally at peace in himself - his heart finally felt love, care, belief and trust.
It is beyond sad that poor little beautiful Jack spent so long in utterly wretched conditions - this makes me so angry inside but I am trying to suppress that and feel warm and loving for Jack. A beautiful little soul who has given hope for others and who is now binkeying with all the other beautiful rabbits at the bridge.
I hope that you can continue to update us on the journey of the new rabbits when they come.
You did all you could for Jack - you have him love and hope and that was all he needed.
Craig xx

5 months later and after so much preparation and giving the shed a huge makeover, she is ready to adopt and has reserved two gorgeous boys. All because of Jack, now 2 rescue rabbits will get a lovely home. :love:

I wondered and hoped that it was the same friend looking for a rescue pair :love:

& through Jack being shown love the bunny cycle continues, he left behind the best gift

I hope the adoption goes well. Are the boys brothers?

Thank you for posting this lovely update. I hope your friend enjoys her new buns
Richard

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

Thank you all :love: Every time I think of Jack, my heart sinks a little but I know we did our best for him and now because of him 2 bunnies will have a lovely home.

The boys are a bonded pair that were rescued from the same place but they are different breeds so nope not brothers. They are seriously gorgeous! 2 weeks until they're ready for their new home :love:

Here's some pics of the set up now. She has an additional run on the way too.
f9dcf2ed022af02b7231c7897f0f3f9c.jpg
bd490f57aa1b18fabefdbda3d7a2d8fb.jpg
8b5537ab3bf076415206cf5065fdd30d.jpg
f412d65b0f30368175f524804e25c5c3.jpg

Last edited:
Just caught this update, Jack has left such a legacy, now 2 little bunnies have their chance of a wonderful happy life. Lovely setup all ready for them xx

What a wonderful home those two little boys will be coming to
Richard

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

That's such an amazing setup and I'm so glad that your friend is adopting two lovely buns in memory of Jack :love: They're going to undoubtedly have a wonderful life!

Back