Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Rescuing my Neighbours Rabbit

Wise Old Thumper Mischief and Tinker's Mum's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by joey&boo View Post
    that all sounds like a solid plan for jack - I hope it goes well. Will you be seeing Ruth at Crab Lane?
    Yes

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk
    - Emma

Click here to see how I bonded my group of 5 rabbits!

Binky free Mischief, Tinkerbell, Jasper, Blossom, Theo, Poppy, Hector, Velvet and Reuben xxx

I think that sounds like the best plan for Jack

Binky free at the bridge Boots, you will never be forgotten xxxx

Quote Originally Posted by Mischief and Tinker's Mum View Post
    Yes

She is Rudey & mouse's vet - I think she's fab

Don't blame you, and I'm sure you're doing the best for him.
    Sarah.

RIP Dusty and Clover bunnies xxx
    Misty and Pearl guinea pigs
    Bruno hamster

Sounds a good plan. Well done for reading him. You should nickname him jack frost he is gorgeous

IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

Excellent plan for little Jack.

Best of luck, it's a very good plan with lots of fallbacks, perfect!
    The geeky one...

Often available for bunny runs: PM for details.

Wise Old Thumper Mischief and Tinker's Mum's Avatar

So I was planning to post some good news today but sadly it's now devastating news as little Jack has passed away.

I managed to find him the most perfect home with my friend. We found the perfect set up for sale, got it dismantled, paid to have it delivered to her house then my dad spent 2 days building it and adding a floor so it was safe and secure. Jack moved in 13 days ago. I was so so happy for him, he had so much room and he absolutely loved it. Not only that but he had the best new family ever. In such a short space of time they got so attached and it was only last night I was telling my friend how I couldn't have found him a better home. We had plans to get him a buddy too but he couldn't be neutered for health reasons so we were letting him settle in before attempting to bond him with a spayed girl.

Anyway I've just had the most heartbreaking call from my friend, she is in absolute bits. Went to give Jack his breakfast and found him lying dead in his bedroom area. She keeps saying she doesn't know what she did wrong but I honestly don't think she did anything wrong. She's driving herself crazy 'did I not feed him enough, did I feed him too much, did he run into the door'. Jack was an old boy, over 10 years. He finally had his perfect home. He had the most amount of attention in this last week than he has ever had in his whole life, even more than I could give him when he was with me. He may have only been there for 13 days but I'm sure he was the happiest he's ever been.

RIP Jack you beautiful rabbit, I'm happy I finally got you the home you deserved even if not for long.

- Emma

Click here to see how I bonded my group of 5 rabbits!

Binky free Mischief, Tinkerbell, Jasper, Blossom, Theo, Poppy, Hector, Velvet and Reuben xxx

Quote Originally Posted by Mischief and Tinker's Mum View Post
    So I was planning to post some good news today but sadly it's now devastating news as little Jack has passed away.

I managed to find him the most perfect home with my friend. We found the perfect set up for sale, got it dismantled, paid to have it delivered to her house then my dad spent 2 days building it and adding a floor so it was safe and secure. Jack moved in 13 days ago. I was so so happy for him, he had so much room and he absolutely loved it. Not only that but he had the best new family ever. In such a short space of time they got so attached and it was only last night I was telling my friend how I couldn't have found him a better home. We had plans to get him a buddy too but he couldn't be neutered for health reasons so we were letting him settle in before attempting to bond him with a spayed girl.

Anyway I've just had the most heartbreaking call from my friend, she is in absolute bits. Went to give Jack his breakfast and found him lying dead in his bedroom area. She keeps saying she doesn't know what she did wrong but I honestly don't think she did anything wrong. She's driving herself crazy 'did I not feed him enough, did I feed him too much, did he run into the door'. Jack was an old boy, over 10 years. He finally had his perfect home. He had the most amount of attention in this last week than he has ever had in his whole life, even more than I could give him when he was with me. He may have only been there for 13 days but I'm sure he was the happiest he's ever been.

RIP Jack you beautiful rabbit, I'm happy I finally got you the home you deserved even if not for long.

Oh god, how awful I am so very sorry

RIP Jack x

Reference links for various Rabbit health problems
    http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/sh...ealth-Problems

The Rabbit Welfare Association and Fund (RWAF) ~ The UK's Biggest Organisation for Rabbit Lovers https://rabbitwelfare.co.uk/

Animal Rescue and Care (ARC) SW London
    https://animalrescueandcare.org.uk/

How incredibly sad. I'm so sorry to see this
    Sarah.

RIP Dusty and Clover bunnies xxx
    Misty and Pearl guinea pigs
    Bruno hamster