• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Phillip’s not eating =[ (Much better!)

[/B]

I reckon that will probably go out the window during bonding anyway

Definitely :lol:

Yes you're probably right :lol:

I've just never had a rabbit before that wees all over the carpet and I'm not used to it!

With the exception of my bridge house bunny, Boots, I’ve never had a rabbit that hasn’t weed all over carpet, or anything soft :roll::lol: I couldn’t have even contemplated having any of my bunnies, even Frosty and Fern on a carpet :shock::lol:

You're not selling it to me :lol::lol:

if you looked at my quad bonding (attempt) photos you can see brown tape everywhere, that was to stop Joeys wall wees going behind the skirtings :lol::lol:

all in a good cause though, it'll be worth it

Definitely :lol:

With the exception of my bridge house bunny, Boots, I’ve never had a rabbit that hasn’t weed all over carpet, or anything soft :roll::lol: I couldn’t have even contemplated having any of my bunnies, even Frosty and Fern on a carpet :shock::lol:

Oh no! I really hope I can train B&W!! What is Frosty's and Fern's flooring made from?

if you looked at my quad bonding (attempt) photos you can see brown tape everywhere, that was to stop Joeys wall wees going behind the skirtings :lol::lol:

all in a good cause though, it'll be worth it

I'm laughing at you now but I won't be laughing if that happens to me. :lol::lol:

Saying that, we usually bond in the kitchen and the kitchen is due an upgrade :lol:

Oh no! I really hope I can train B&W!! What is Frosty's and Fern's flooring made from?

I'm laughing at you now but I won't be laughing if that happens to me. :lol::lol:

Saying that, we usually bond in the kitchen and the kitchen is due an upgrade :lol:

Their flooring is laminate. It’s fairly textured and has grooves all round where they interlock. It’s one suitable for kitchens :thumb:

I used cardboard tie wrapped to the puppy pen to help stop poop being flicked all over during bonding. Lesson learnt from quad bonding, it’s amazing how far a flicked poop will roll on laminate :lol: inside the bonding pen I put cardboard on the floor over the laminate to make it a bit more neutral.

They may well be trainable - don't lose hope. Joey Boo & Mouse lived on carpet for 2 years & there were very few wee accidents. Lots of poos mind. they are all different. Loss of litter habits during bonding is pretty inevitable though. Joey still does a wee on Boo when they play out

Remember Willow & Squiggles doing a group bond during summer when forage was plentiful. They all weed up the walls that ran red like blood because of the pigments in the forage :shock: I think only Joey did it last time which was enough

I#m beginning to think I like talking about bunny pee & poo too much

Remember Willow & Squiggles doing a group bond during summer when forage was plentiful. They all weed up the walls that ran red like blood because of the pigments in the forage :shock: I think only Joey did it last time which was enough

Yes I'm really smiling at all this poo and pee talk, while looking at the high up poo marks on the cream walls in Treacle's room-how did she do that ? :roll:

Pleased to hear that Phillip is almost back to his gorgeous self xx

Chuckle chuckle, I remember that :lol:

Phillip’s not himself again. He’s still eating pellets but he’s not at all bothered about eating any herbs or veg...nibbles at it after a while but not his usual enthusiasm. He’s spent most of today behind our armchair staring at the wall. He’s really just not been himself since Snowy died :cry:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He's grieving - in his orld he just doesn't make the same comprehensions that we make. But with all the love you have there, Phillip is in safe hands. He is eating so that is a positive. Continuing to send vibes for beautiful Phillip. xx

Phillip’s not himself again. He’s still eating pellets but he’s not at all bothered about eating any herbs or veg...nibbles at it after a while but not his usual enthusiasm. He’s spent most of today behind our armchair staring at the wall. He’s really just not been himself since Snowy died :cry:

Poor lad :cry: What is his poo output like and is he drinking his normal amount of water ?

Poor lad :cry: What is his poo output like and is he drinking his normal amount of water ?

Seems to be normal from what I can see.

So something interesting I noticed last night. He perked up yesterday evening, so I don’t think it’s a pain thing because he was due his metacam dose yet wasn’t acting in pain at all. Which made me think, the times he seems the worst are first thing in the morning when we’ve been asleep all night and he’s been on his own, and during the day when we’ve both been out at work. When we’re home he’s much happier generally, which leads me to think that he’s just getting quite depressed when we’re not around. Even though he can see B&W and that helps, it’s not the same as being bonded to a rabbit. He’s never been much of a ‘people’ rabbit but he’s become so sensitive lately it seems. I didn’t quite realise how much he depended on Snowy and how much of an impact her death would have on him.

I know he has a multitude of health problems and I will absolutely take him to the vet if I feel he needs to go but it just seems too much of a coincidence that these behaviours started immediately after Snowy died. So if it is related to his problems it’s almost like her death has made his health worse.

Back