• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Enigma -Sticky dry residue around neck line

I don't think I'm gonna let her go for a long break, was thinking of easing in slowly & allowing her maybe 2-3 consecutive hours off. its bad enough she has a very different body clock to me [emoji38]
Ikr same! The evening service is terrible [emoji849]

(we love you Jane [emoji38] honestly don't know what I'd do without Jane, the bunnies would be mad at me that's for sure [emoji38])

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Ikr same! The evening service is terrible [emoji849]

(we love you Jane [emoji38] honestly don't know what I'd do without Jane, the bunnies would be mad at me that's for sure [emoji38])

:lol::lol::lol:

I appreciate your musings Omi. The aphid idea is interesting.

Bob has a theory its the glue they used to fix him up back in February seeping through his lymph nodes - but he is full of strange ideas

My theories are foreign body or something related to dodgy kidneys
I really like Bob and his theory

What was used to treat the mites? Did Rudey have an injection or creams?

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

I don't think I'm gonna let her go for a long break, was thinking of easing in slowly & allowing her maybe 2-3 consecutive hours off. its bad enough she has a very different body clock to me [emoji38]
Jane has to get up at 5.00am just to answer all our queries

I really like Bob and his theory

What was used to treat the mites? Did Rudey have an injection or creams?

I think it was a gel. Anyway it wasn't an injection. Rudey had no indication of mites but was treated cos of Mouse. Bob will like that someone likes his theory

Jane has to get up at 5.00am just to answer all our queries

Yes, the early morning OOH service is exemplary as is the attention to her call back list

JJ might I suggest you drink 2 pints of water before retiring each night, then when you get up for a wee you can quickly log on to address my & Graicees midnight panics?

I think it was a gel. Anyway it wasn't an injection. Rudey had no indication of mites but was treated cos of Mouse. Bob will like that someone likes his theory
Could it be related? Any forage that's a bit sticky?

Yes, the early morning OOH service is exemplary as is the attention to her call back list

JJ might I suggest you drink 2 pints of water before retiring each night, then when you get up for a wee you can quickly log on to address my & Graicees midnight panics?

I get up every 2-3 hours anyway to check on the Bunnies :oops: Neurotic, who moi :oops:

Yes I like this idea [emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]

I get up every 2-3 hours anyway to check on the Bunnies :oops: Neurotic, who moi :oops:
Omg are you me? [emoji51] The outside ones too, I'm always popping out at like 3 am to make sure they're okay and give them a stroke and treats [emoji51][emoji51][emoji51]

Omg are you me? [emoji51] The outside ones too, I'm always popping out at like 3 am to make sure they're okay and give them a stroke and treats [emoji51][emoji51][emoji51]

I have always wondered how outside bunny owners sleep at night. I only got to stumble out of bed and peep my head round their room. You can't scare them with a dressing gown though or they will scarper

I have always wondered how outside bunny owners sleep at night. I only got to stumble out of bed and peep my head round their room. You can't scare them with a dressing gown though or they will scarper

Not that well tbh.. But they really love it out there [emoji38]

Their hutch which they're trapped in at night is very close to my bedroom window which I have cracked open all year round so I can hear them, one bunny thump and I'm wide awake and out there [emoji38] also have a security light, and cameras so I can see what's going on etc. Also every door to the hutch is padlocked, and all the wire mesh has wood over the top.. So they're pretty secure I think [emoji51]

Lopsy gives us stink eye if we disturb him without food after dark. Aboleth used to just ignore us XD I gave Lopsy some new chew balls the other day and after we went to bed I thought he was thumping but then it was too irregular and I realised he was throwing them around. The playhouse floor is very sonorous :lol:

good boy Lopsy - sounds like he is coping ok?
He's fine, he says thankyou for thinking about him :) He remembered he gets lavender in the playhouse, so didn't wait for the rose Matt had for him outside and went straight in! It's like he hasn't got anyone to remind him now so he's actually remembering things XD He also doesn't need to worry about anyone else stealing his food so waits around more XD

I have a new theory but I'm not sure timings are right. I think it might be part of his recovery feed (the watery separated bit you sometimes get at first) dribbling round his chin & tracking round the base of his ear. This fits with how he tries to turn his head during feeding. Probably not explaining it well.

I have a new theory but I'm not sure timings are right. I think it might be part of his recovery feed (the watery separated bit you sometimes get at first) dribbling round his chin & tracking round the base of his ear. This fits with how he tries to turn his head during feeding. Probably not explaining it well.

I get what you mean. If you try to wipe it away with a damp cotton wool pad does what comes off look similar in colour to the Recovery Feed ? My only doubt is would another Bun not clean it off him or at least show a lot of interest in the area ?

I get what you mean. If you try to wipe it away with a damp cotton wool pad does what comes off look similar in colour to the Recovery Feed ? My only doubt is would another Bun not clean it off him or at least show a lot of interest in the area ?

This sounds bad but when I syringe feed Rudey I have him leaning back on my legs (my feet on coffee table to get right trajectory) with my hand around his neck that looks like its in throttle mode. This stops him writhing his neck to the side & means my hand & the bib catch stuff that would go on his fur. I've noticed I nearly always get a blob on my hand & by the end of feeding an almost clear dribble runs away. I can't get anything on a cotton bud. I think you're right that Mousey would be chowing down on his shoulder more. The real test would be to put him in with Boo - given how much she likes tracking down any recovery food on clothing in my bedroom that would prob give us an answer (I jest, I wouldn't put a poorly bunny through bonding when they already have a friend).

I wish I could remember when the sticky patch started & if it was when syringe feeding started. If I'm honest with myself I think the syringe feeding came later - in fact it did. I discussed with his first vet Helen & he was being fed normally then.

i'm always doing this :lol:

Back