• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Feeling cautiously excited

Everyone meet Whitney (white ears) and Britney (brown ears).

4751bb60a2dfca31e166c9b862af2b57.jpg

db247221cb2c8b30e8f6206fc3355836.jpg

All went well at the rescue, Phillip pretty much ignored them and groomed them both a little. We showed them our setup and they loved it so we brought them home today. However upon arriving home Phillip really went for them both so I’ve had to put Britney and Whitney in an upstairs room. I really hope I haven’t bitten off more than I can chew!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oh my goodness! [emoji7][emoji7][emoji7][emoji7][emoji7]

I hope bonding goes well [emoji51]

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

They are gorgeous :love: have you got anywhere small and neutral, where no bun has been before, to do the bonding?

They are gorgeous :love: have you got anywhere small and neutral, where no bun has been before, to do the bonding?

Well this is the problem as Phillip owns the whole house :lol: the only place really is the kitchen so I’d have to cover it in towels to stop them sliding.
I’m going to give them a day to settle in because they’re a little nervous and keep stomping, and I think the car journey (1 hr each way) has stressed Phillip out.

I’d forgotten how stressful bonding is!!

They are sooooo beautiful. Lots of bonding vibes, I hope the rescue is able to advise if you get stuck. A little settling in period sounds sensible so your girlies can get there confidence up. Behave yourself Phillip xx

Well this is the problem as Phillip owns the whole house :lol: the only place really is the kitchen so I’d have to cover it in towels to stop them sliding.
I’m going to give them a day to settle in because they’re a little nervous and keep stomping, and I think the car journey (1 hr each way) has stressed Phillip out.

I’d forgotten how stressful bonding is!!

I had the same issue with Frosty, when I got Fern. I chose the room he’d gone in least, neutralised it and covered the floor of the bonding pen with cardboard, as the floor was laminate and although Frosty was used to it I’m not sure if Fern would have been ok. Perhaps you could try a similar thing?

I waited until the following day too, and I think that is the best thing to do. although I only had a few miles to go and fetch Fern, and she wasn’t really phased at all by the journey :lol:

6598b586dd2c414f2c3c14c643019acd.jpg

62b67b7e6010e6d5f74abfc9d2a504da.jpg

I love them so much already :love:

I really hope this all works out

Aww they are so beautiful! Best of luck with the bonding, I did exactly the same as Zoobec to get a neutral space for bonding.

I bet Phillip is busy doing press ups to prepare himself for all the humping he's going to do!

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk

Britney and Whitney :lol: they’re both one and half, they are sisters :)

Back