• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Was she mad at me?

Rosie132

Young Bun
I decided it was time for my rabbit to explore the upstairs hallway. She’s very confident and curious so I thought it was time to introduce her to a new area of the house. She ran about looking and exploring but then kept going back to my room scared. When I went back into my room she kept running away from me every time I moved and kept thumping and grumping at me. I gave her some treats and a few strokes and now she’s fine and binkying around, running over to me again. Why did she get like this? Was she annoyed at me? I’ve never seen her that scared before. Has this ever happened to any of you?

It can take them some time to get used to a new area, so she was out of her comfort zone. Next time she may be feeling more confident.

I decided it was time for my rabbit to explore the upstairs hallway. She’s very confident and curious so I thought it was time to introduce her to a new area of the house. She ran about looking and exploring but then kept going back to my room scared. When I went back into my room she kept running away from me every time I moved and kept thumping and grumping at me. I gave her some treats and a few strokes and now she’s fine and binkying around, running over to me again. Why did she get like this? Was she annoyed at me? I’ve never seen her that scared before. Has this ever happened to any of you?
dear rosie,-I agree with tonibun,-my experience with thumping is when someone different entered the room-thumping started until that person left.--in your case bunz will need to explore the area on her own or not?-sincerely james waller from the other kent-usa online you can view-[language of the lagamorph]-for a better exlaination

Rabbits don't like change, so she was probably just showing her annoyance.

You can try different ways to introduce a new space in future. Most rabbits will eventually find a new area if you just leave the door open and let them. I have a bun that doesn't like to leave his comfort zone at all though, so I will have to force his boundaries. It doesn't harm them long term, but can make them trust you a little less. I think you'll need to determine whether your bun is the sort that needs its boundaries pushed, or whether she'd discover the new space on her own (in which case, just let her do it at her own pace to save any upset).

Back