Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Escaped rabbit - take to vets?

Default Escaped rabbit - take to vets?

At some point last night Angus managed to chew out the shed. Fortunately thereís a wire fence the other side and he was just sat by that fence and I crawled round the side of the shed and got him but I last checked on them st 10pm so he could potentially have been out all night. He seems ok, heís eaten a few things and is now lying down in my sitting room but he seems a bit quiet/not himself. The emergency vet is a 20 minute drive away which Iím more than happy to do but I donít eant the journey to stress him out more, he seems ok. Would you take him?

Archie - born October 2010
    Izzy - born July 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Alicia View Post
    At some point last night Angus managed to chew out the shed. Fortunately there’s a wire fence the other side and he was just sat by that fence and I crawled round the side of the shed and got him but I last checked on them st 10pm so he could potentially have been out all night. He seems ok, he’s eaten a few things and is now lying down in my sitting room but he seems a bit quiet/not himself. The emergency vet is a 20 minute drive away which I’m more than happy to do but I don’t eant the journey to stress him out more, he seems ok. Would you take him?
    If he is eating pooing drinking and weeing and has no signs of injuries then I would just let him chill out. Keep a close eye on him, he is probably rather traumatised by his experience 'in the wild'.

Links to information about various health problems that can affect Rabbits :
    http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/sh...ealth-Problems
    NB- If you think your Rabbit is unwell it is essential to seek immediate veterinary attention.

Wise Old Thumper

He's probably shocked himself. I think I would be inclined to leave him a bit to 'settle' and see how he is a couple of hours, but others may have a different opinion. Don't forget, though, that it wouldn't be a good idea to have him in the warm and then put him back out into the cold.
    Sounds as though your task for the day is to rabbit-proof the shed.

Happened with Anastasia twice. She would hide under the shed. I didn't take her to the vets.

He didn’t seem right so I phoned the vet just after 12. They said they couldn’t see him until half 1. I thought he seemed ok so I went to the shop to get him some herbs and when I got back he’d died. I took him to the vets and she said there was a blockage in his tummy but she wouldn’t know what without opening him up and I didn’t want that. Thank you for your help everyone

Archie - born October 2010
    Izzy - born July 2009

Oh no I’m so so sorry thinking of you and sending hugs xx

Binky free at the bridge Boots, you will never be forgotten xxxx

I'm so sorry :'(

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Oh no, sorry to hear that

Oh no so very very sorry. I don't think being out would have caused a blockage, but I'm not a vet. Maybe feeling uncomfortable made Angus chew but as you say there is no point finding out why. Hugs xxx

Wise Old Thumper

I'm so sorry - what a shock.