• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Biting

Rosie132

Young Bun
I bought a new rabbit yesterday she is 10 weeks old and she is very confident and chilled. It’s only her first day with me and she’s already enjoying cuddles and exploring but of course Is a little nervous of her new surroundings. I’ll be laying in my bed and she’ll be climbing over me and sniffing me, checking me out but sometimes she’ll nip my hand gently or nibble on my hair, why’s she doing this? Is she being aggressive?

This doesn’t sound like aggression. Nipping is often rabbits’ way of communicating since they can’t talk. This just seems like a way of saying ‘hey I’m here’ or ‘hey you’re new’ as she’s exploring and discovering new things/being inquisitive. Try googling some tips on how rabbits communicate to better understand your rabbit and her signs.

Back