• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A friend for Phillip

nap91

Mama Doe
I know it's only been two days since Snowy died, and no bunny could ever replace her, nor do we want to, but we are considering getting a friend for Phillip.
Seeing how happy he was with Snowy, it makes us sad to see him on his own now, and although he is doing seemingly ok, he's not as happy as he was in a pair. We have a lot of love to give to another rescue rabbit too.

We're not going to rush into it, and we will wait for the right one to come along. However, we were considering adopting a pair (ideally females) to make a trio with Phillip.
I'm well aware that bonding groups is unpredictable and you can't ever really say how a bond will go until you try it but I don't know if it's a bad idea bringing two rabbits in to Phillip's environment. All the threads I've read have talked about bringing in a single bunny to an existing pair but not an existing pair to a single bunny's environment, if that makes sense.

Has anyone ever done this? How did it turn out?
Just looking for a bit of advice really.

I am so pleased that you feel ready to get a friend (or two) for Philip. It is always hard after losing a special bun but you are doing it for all the right and positive reasons. I'm sure Philip would love to have some new friendships. Good luck with it. xx:love:

I'm pretty sure Mischief and Tinker's mum added a pair to one of her single buns. There should be a video of the bonding up in the sticky section above.

The single bun was female and the pair that was introduced was a male/female pair.

I think theoretically you'd have an advantage in bringing the girls into Phillip's territory, just because males don't tend to be as aggressively territorial as females. It should make things a bit easier.

Good luck with your search for a new friend/s for Philip xx

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk

I agree no bun will ever replace Snowy but what a lovely thing to do for Phillip.

I had a look on PRR and they haven't got two bonded girls from what I could see. They are some girls (one looks like a Boobly Bear!)
de60a20cc1b204ea08c685d757e9bed7.jpg
2ec360e9ed8a629906082b9fc0307392.jpg
bcb96cefd73127d874e2b1e479ea6450.jpg
ad1b9e55620c7c3dfaad8656c5743e69.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

many people add a pair to a single. There are professional bonders if you need help.
A decent rescue will have pairs looking for fab homes

and Loobers..that place is not a proper rescue..they don't neuter, vacs or homecheck and always have lots of babies :( not a great place to advertise

many people add a pair to a single. There are professional bonders if you need help.
A decent rescue will have pairs looking for fab homes

and Loobers..that place is not a proper rescue..they don't neuter, vacs or homecheck and always have lots of babies :( not a great place to advertise

Where? [emoji38] Like seriously, I need help! [emoji38]

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

I'm sure there's one North Notts/South Yorkshire way.... Between here and Barnsley basically. There'll be more though :)
Well I can never find any! There's one who has a website, a man I think? He's a long way from me though.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Back