Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A friend for Phillip

Default A friend for Phillip

I know it's only been two days since Snowy died, and no bunny could ever replace her, nor do we want to, but we are considering getting a friend for Phillip.
    Seeing how happy he was with Snowy, it makes us sad to see him on his own now, and although he is doing seemingly ok, he's not as happy as he was in a pair. We have a lot of love to give to another rescue rabbit too.

We're not going to rush into it, and we will wait for the right one to come along. However, we were considering adopting a pair (ideally females) to make a trio with Phillip.
    I'm well aware that bonding groups is unpredictable and you can't ever really say how a bond will go until you try it but I don't know if it's a bad idea bringing two rabbits in to Phillip's environment. All the threads I've read have talked about bringing in a single bunny to an existing pair but not an existing pair to a single bunny's environment, if that makes sense.

Has anyone ever done this? How did it turn out?
    Just looking for a bit of advice really.

I'm pleased you're looking in to a new friend (or 2 for Phillip)

I am so pleased that you feel ready to get a friend (or two) for Philip. It is always hard after losing a special bun but you are doing it for all the right and positive reasons. I'm sure Philip would love to have some new friendships. Good luck with it. xx
    IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

Mama Doe Scrappy's Little Helper's Avatar

I'm pretty sure Mischief and Tinker's mum added a pair to one of her single buns. There should be a video of the bonding up in the sticky section above.

The single bun was female and the pair that was introduced was a male/female pair.

I think theoretically you'd have an advantage in bringing the girls into Phillip's territory, just because males don't tend to be as aggressively territorial as females. It should make things a bit easier.

Good luck with your search for a new friend/s for Philip xx

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk
    [IMG][/IMG]

Bunnies: Snoopy and Chocolate Fudge Cake

At the Bridge: Scrappy My bunny mentor and the beautiful girl who introduced me to the wonderful world of rabbits

Peanut Butter My cheeky boy who came so far in learning to love and trust humans. If only you could have stayed a bit longer

Mama Doe Scrappy's Little Helper's Avatar

It's in the thread titled Old useful topics - bonding. Then you just need to click on the second link.

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk
    [IMG][/IMG]

Bunnies: Snoopy and Chocolate Fudge Cake

At the Bridge: Scrappy My bunny mentor and the beautiful girl who introduced me to the wonderful world of rabbits

Peanut Butter My cheeky boy who came so far in learning to love and trust humans. If only you could have stayed a bit longer

I agree no bun will ever replace Snowy but what a lovely thing to do for Phillip.

I had a look on PRR and they haven't got two bonded girls from what I could see. They are some girls (one looks like a Boobly Bear!)

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Wise Old Thumper

I'm pleased that you are going to get one or two new friends for Phillip.

Philip is a very lucky bunny good luck with the search

I think that's a lovely thing to do, good luck ! X
    IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

Wise Old Thumper

many people add a pair to a single. There are professional bonders if you need help.
    A decent rescue will have pairs looking for fab homes

and Loobers..that place is not a proper rescue..they don't neuter, vacs or homecheck and always have lots of babies not a great place to advertise
    Jill