• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Dennis investigations

dennis/dental

Oh hello everybun :)
78a6e85c961697e43969c56b1f815c19.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk
dear loobers25,-dennis has found paradise,thank you for the picture,how did the dental/ga go.??-sincerely james waller from the other kent-usa---:love:you just posted I believe my answer is there,thank you loobers25:love:

Last edited:
I'm pleased that they are home and even more pleased with the results. As you say it's all manageable stuff and even more so when you have Uncle John doing the managing.

You must be feeling very relieved :)

dear loobers25,-st johns-sounds very thourough/exam-very impressed,at least you know what to deal with,-out of curiostity are they going to do the tear duct flush,at regular intervals.??-sincerely james waller from the other kent-usa

dear loobers25,-st johns-sounds very thourough/exam-very impressed,at least you know what to deal with,-out of curiostity are they going to do the tear duct flush,at regular intervals.??-sincerely james waller from the other kent-usa
I would imagine so. I'll find out more next appointment :)

So Dennis has both of his tear ducts partially blocked and elongated roots. He wants Dennis to take some medications for two weeks to ease the inflammation around his roots then he can flush his tear ducts through. Dennis also has generalised athritis and is quite bad all the way down his spine.

The good news his lungs and heart are normal and no other findings.

I am really happy with the results because it's all manageable stuff. I am really proud of my Denny boy. I have to bring in a usb stick so I can have the CT and xray. Thank you every bun your vibes. Xx

I'd be pleased too. You knew he had arthritis anyway & there had to be a reason for his weepy eyes. Is he to stay on metacam for pain relief? Brilliant his lungs & heart are good - that must be v reassuring in a gentleman of Dennys age. He's also shown how strong he is. Is he recovering well?xx

I'd be pleased too. You knew he had arthritis anyway & there had to be a reason for his weepy eyes. Is he to stay on metacam for pain relief? Brilliant his lungs & heart are good - that must be v reassuring in a gentleman of Dennys age. He's also shown how strong he is. Is he recovering well?xx
They are both upstairs asleep but I am going to intrude the warren for bed time scooby snacks and make sure they are ok. It wasn't mentioned but my guess will be metacam for life perhaps?

Last edited:
They are both upstairs asleep but I am going to intrude the warren for bed time scooby snacks and make sure they are ok. It wasn't mentioned but my guess will be metacam for life perhaps?

he'll be in good company (the Rudey & Mouse Metacam Forever club)

I’m glad they are home safe, and pleased the results are things that can be managed. Fingers crossed the meds help quickly:thumb:

So Dennis has both of his tear ducts partially blocked and elongated roots. He wants Dennis to take some medications for two weeks to ease the inflammation around his roots then he can flush his tear ducts through. Dennis also has generalised athritis and is quite bad all the way down his spine.

The good news his lungs and heart are normal and no other findings.

I am really happy with the results because it's all manageable stuff. I am really proud of my Denny boy. I have to bring in a usb stick so I can have the CT and xray. Thank you every bun your vibes. Xx

At least the conditions identified can be managed with good anti inflammatory analgesia and possibly some additional complimentary treatments such as Acupuncture and/or Laser therapy. Now that his TRE has been identified this can be monitored with regular Dental check-ups Xrays etc and management of any eye problems that the TRE may continue to cause. I hope Dennis had a comfortable night and that he now has a good input and output. Sending lots of vibes for him xx

Back