• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I'm so upset :(

loobers25

Warren Veteran
I gave the bunnies some extra greens when some fireworks where going off to make sure they where still eating. When Maple has too many greens she gets a messy bum so I had to clean her bottom last night. I cut out the mess but she kicked and I accidentally nicked her on the belly. It stopped bleeding within a couple of seconds but I just feel dreadful. I have her some metacam and checked it again to make sure it was ok. We are seeing John tomorrow morning so will get him to look. Worried because I know buns can get infections easily :( :(

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Don't beat yourself up. they have such delicate skin its no surprise the odd accident happens. FHB said rabbits bleed a lot (but not for long) so that it stopped in a few seconds probably means its tiny. Do you have some manuka honey (I know you wouldn't eat it but maybe its in bunnies first aid kit?), if so I'd pop a bit on . Alternatively you could call vet & see if they recommend you do anything before you're seen on Friday xx

I’m sure she we will be fine and I agree with J&B, you shouldn’t beat yourself up about it, these things happen.

Hugs to you xx

I agree it's very distressing when this sort of thing happens, but I'm sure she will be OK. I hope she gets on OK with Uncle John tomorrow.

Gosh, she will have forgotten all about it already. It would be very unlikely to become infected, just keep an eye on it and keep it clean. Don’t feel bad x

I gave the bunnies some extra greens when some fireworks where going off to make sure they where still eating. When Maple has too many greens she gets a messy bum so I had to clean her bottom last night. I cut out the mess but she kicked and I accidentally nicked her on the belly. It stopped bleeding within a couple of seconds but I just feel dreadful. I have her some metacam and checked it again to make sure it was ok. We are seeing John tomorrow morning so will get him to look. Worried because I know buns can get infections easily :( :(

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

I’m afraid I did that once with my bridge bunny Sutton. Don’t beat yourself up - I’m sure Maple will be fine. X Unfortunately I don't get to see JC now as I no longer have rabbits :cry: I miss his down to earth approach.

I’m sure she we will be fine and I agree with J&B, you shouldn’t beat yourself up about it, these things happen.

Hugs to you xx
Exactly! I'm sure it'll be okay, awful though when those kinds of things happen :( don't beat yourself up about it, hugs xxx

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Loobers, it is the immediate reaction to blame yourself - and that shows your caring and sensitive. It was a simple small accident - Maple won't hold a grudge.
You're keeping an eye on it and I'm sure Maple will be fine. I hope the vet reassured you and that Maple is ok.
Sending vibes for Maple and Hillian sends nose rubs. xx

Cleaning tangled fur and mucky bums is difficult. I had years of it with Mr B. A tiny cut is nothing to worry about. You had to get the mess off.

Back