• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Snowy isn’t doing well

Sending billions of vibes for Snowy. Will be thinking of her all night. Lillian and Henry send nose bumps.
We hope Snowy improves through the night. xx

Aww poor Snowy, she does look sorry for herself [emoji17]

Did the vet say whether they managed to get her temperature up and whether she did any poos?

Also, you've probably seen this question asked a dozen times on here, but do you know if the vet gave her vetergesic today? If they did then that could explain why she's so quiet now.

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk

Aww :( I feel for you both. I so hope things pick up very soon. i hope you have some help syringe feeding too - your job can't be easy at the best of times without doing it on no sleep & lots of stress xx

Aww poor Snowy, she does look sorry for herself [emoji17]

Did the vet say whether they managed to get her temperature up and whether she did any poos?

Also, you've probably seen this question asked a dozen times on here, but do you know if the vet gave her vetergesic today? If they did then that could explain why she's so quiet now.

She did none whilst there but has done 5 since coming home. Can't see vetergesic on the bill so don't think so. Her temp was 35 when she went in and 38 when she left. We're currently snuggled with a hot water bottle trying to keep warm.

Aww :( I feel for you both. I so hope things pick up very soon. i hope you have some help syringe feeding too - your job can't be easy at the best of times without doing it on no sleep & lots of stress xx

Thank you. Unfortunately just me again tonight as husband is on nights. Really hoping she picks up soon but not looking likely at the moment! :?

It's very encouraging that she has passed some poops and that she's warmer now. I think keeping her snuggled up with the hot water bottle is a really good idea.

I know it's going to be a long night for you but I hope you manage to catch a couple of hours sleep here and there.

I've got everything crossed that Snowy starts to perk up a bit overnight xx

It's very encouraging that she has passed some poops and that she's warmer now. I think keeping her snuggled up with the hot water bottle is a really good idea.

I know it's going to be a long night for you but I hope you manage to catch a couple of hours sleep here and there.

I've got everything crossed that Snowy starts to perk up a bit overnight xx

Thank you :)

A bit of light relief in all this, I just caught her running into the bathroom (something she never does) then found her like this:

ce99a90d853d68a167d4e55808f53829.jpg

My husband said jokingly she must need the toilet then a couple of minutes later she’d left a puddle on the floor :lol: :lol:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think I’m losing her :cry: :cry:

Oh no, in the 'bathroom' picture her stance is that of one of a Bunny with bad tummy pain :cry: Can you get her to a Vet straight away as I think the Vet needs to consider the possibility of a full GI tract obstruction. The Vet needs to do another full physical examination, a blood glucose test and an abdominal Xray.

I really hope she can pull through :cry:

I almost rang the emergency vet just now but it’s over half an hour away and I’ll be honest I don’t think she’ll make the trip. She’s currently sat inside the duvet with me on a hot water bottle, cuddling me.

I’ve been feeding her every two hours as the vet said, at 4.30am her temp just suddenly dropped and her breathing slowed right down. She doesn’t look in pain (she’s had pain relief anyway) but I just think, I’d rather she die where she feels safest rather than stressed on the way to the vets :cry:

I am so sorry Snowy is not responding quickly to the medications/supportive care. Does she have adequate pain management? Some vets will dose on the lower side because some pain meds can slow the gut/bunny. I hope she will soon show some sides of improvement. Gentle side/tummy massages can sometimes help to relieve gas which can build up quickly.
Sending you and Snowy tons of vibes and some hugs.

I almost rang the emergency vet just now but it’s over half an hour away and I’ll be honest I don’t think she’ll make the trip. She’s currently sat inside the duvet with me on a hot water bottle, cuddling me.

I’ve been feeding her every two hours as the vet said, at 4.30am her temp just suddenly dropped and her breathing slowed right down. She doesn’t look in pain (she’s had pain relief anyway) but I just think, I’d rather she die where she feels safest rather than stressed on the way to the vets :cry:

OK, personally I would not feed her any more. If she has obstructed there will be no-where for the food to go. Also, I would not attempt any abdominal massage as this could cause a rupture if she has obstructed. Just do as you are doing, comfort her and keep her warm :cry:

OK, personally I would not feed her any more. If she has obstructed there will be no-where for the food to go. Also, I would not attempt any abdominal massage as this could cause a rupture if she has obstructed. Just do as you are doing, comfort her and keep her warm :cry:

She is still pooing, every time she moves several fall out. Could she still be obstructed even with that happening?

She really did not want the last feed anyway. She seems very content at the moment, as much as can be expected. Part of me feels guilty that I am not taking her to the emergency vet but for her I think I am doing the right thing right now. She’s a fragile thing at the best of times and travelling/bring away from home stresses her out.

She is still pooing, every time she moves several fall out. Could she still be obstructed even with that happening?

She really did not want the last feed anyway. She seems very content at the moment, as much as can be expected. Part of me feels guilty that I am not taking her to the emergency vet but for her I think I am doing the right thing right now. She’s a fragile thing at the best of times and travelling/bring away from home stresses her out.

Oh I'm so sorry to hear this :'(

I think the poops are positive, how much did they suggest you feed every 2 hours? Was she receiving the same schedule at the vets before?

Sending you both a million vibes xxx

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Back