• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Snowy isn’t doing well

Oh I am Heartbroken to read this. You did everything you could for little Snowy and filled her life full of the warmth and kindness and love she deserved.
Binkey free beautiful little Snowy. xx

I’m distraught. My husband is too and seeing him makes it even harder. I take some comfort from knowing she died in my arms purring as I stroked her nose. We gave her the best life we could for the two and a half years we had her to make up for her rubbish start in life. She was so happy but so fragile. I think this time it just got the better of her. I just wish we could’ve had her longer and I hope that Phillip will be ok. We’ve put her body in the spare room but he’s more interested in eating the hay next to her. I don’t know what to do :cry:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh no :cry: I’m so so sorry :cry: you did everything you could for her.

Thinking of you and sending hugs xx

Binky free Snowy xx

As I learned recently, sometimes all you can do is provide comfort as they say their final goodbyes.
You were right to not have her spend her final moments going to er vet. She was surrounded by love when she passed.
Sending my deepest condolances to you ,your husband and Phillip.

I’m so sorry, you made the right decision for her. Binky free Snowy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm so sorry :'(

I think you made the absolute best decision for her xx

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

I'm so sorry you lost her,at least as you say you were with her and she was surrounded by love.Binky free beautiful Snowy.:(

Oh I am so very very sorry to read this, thank goodness she had you and your OH after her bad start. Sending lots of love to you both and Philip.

Oh no I'm sorry to hear this news [emoji17] I always had such a soft spot for Snowy and was really rooting for her to get better.

I hope you get some comfort from the fact that she had a wonderful life with you and Phillip, the life she deserved to have.

I can only echo what others have said in that I think you were right to let her have a peaceful passing at home. I was in a similar situation with one of my bridge buns. I rushed him to the emergency vet even though I knew I was losing him. Sadly he passed away in the taxi on the journey. It's a decision I bitterly regret as he ended up having a very stressful passing. So, I can say with no shadow of a doubt that you absolutely did the right thing by Snowy.

Sleep tight Snowy xx

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk

I echo others, 100% you did the right thing by snowy from the day you brought her home to her last breath xxx

Oh no I'm so very sorry that you have lost beautiful Snowy, you did everything possible xx Binky free Snowy xx

Thanks everyone. We miss her a lot, she was one of those one of a kind rabbits that was just an utter joy to be around all of the time. Her and Phillip made each other so happy. She had such a little personality.

Here is the last photo I took of her

05d2f5e10239165abc6a86ebc42b2153.jpg

Thanks everyone. We miss her a lot, she was one of those one of a kind rabbits that was just an utter joy to be around all of the time. Her and Phillip made each other so happy. She had such a little personality.

Precious angel xx

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk

Beautiful little angel - sweet, floofy and had the best life ever with Philip and you. xx

Back