Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Snowy isnít doing well

Wise Old Thumper

Sending lots more vibes for her. I hope the fluids help.

Topping up the vibes for her xx

Binky free at the bridge Boots, you will never be forgotten xxxx

Quote Originally Posted by Jack's-Jane View Post
    Well fluids are usually extremely beneficial in cases of gut stasis. Did the Vet check Snowy's blood glucose ?
    Not sure as only managed a quick call due to work. Just rang the vets for an update and sheís no worse but still cold. Sheís taken 20ml of recovery food. I hope sheíll be ok

Thanks for the messages everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Best wishes for Snowy xx
    The geeky one...

Often available for bunny runs: PM for details.

Mama Doe Scrappy's Little Helper's Avatar

I don't know if this helps at all, but quite a while back I had to take Fudgie to the emergency vet as she was going into gut stasis. They gave her metaclop and pain relief, and I syringe fed her during the night. She was getting worse rather than better so I took her back early the next morning. On the second examination there were no gut sounds, despite the gut stimulant and syringe feeds, and her temperature had dropped significantly. I was convinced she wasn't going to recover.

They kept her in all day and overnight and after several hours in an incubator they managed to get her temperature back up and kick started her gut. She went on to make a full, albeit slow, recovery.

I just thought I'd tell you that to give you hope that it can be turned round, although I know it's impossible not to worry when they have to be admitted. I would also be encouraged by the fact she's taking the syringe feeds well.

Sending lots of vibes for Snowy, I hope you get a more positive update from the vet this evening.xx

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk
    [IMG][/IMG]

Bunnies: Snoopy and Chocolate Fudge Cake

At the Bridge: Scrappy My bunny mentor and the beautiful girl who introduced me to the wonderful world of rabbits

Peanut Butter My cheeky boy who came so far in learning to love and trust humans. If only you could have stayed a bit longer

Hope Snowy improves at the vet. Xxx

Sending vibes for wee Snowy.x

Default Snowy isnít doing well

Just picked her up. Sheís not great. Still not eating and I have to syringe her every 2 hours throughout the night then take her back tomorrow if no improvement

Last edited by nap91; 12-11-2019 at 07:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrappy's Little Helper View Post
    I don't know if this helps at all, but quite a while back I had to take Fudgie to the emergency vet as she was going into gut stasis. They gave her metaclop and pain relief, and I syringe fed her during the night. She was getting worse rather than better so I took her back early the next morning. On the second examination there were no gut sounds, despite the gut stimulant and syringe feeds, and her temperature had dropped significantly. I was convinced she wasn't going to recover.

They kept her in all day and overnight and after several hours in an incubator they managed to get her temperature back up and kick started her gut. She went on to make a full, albeit slow, recovery.

I just thought I'd tell you that to give you hope that it can be turned round, although I know it's impossible not to worry when they have to be admitted. I would also be encouraged by the fact she's taking the syringe feeds well.

Sending lots of vibes for Snowy, I hope you get a more positive update from the vet this evening.xx

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk
    Thank you. That sounds very similar to Snowy. Sheís just looks so weak and ill, more than usual and sheís not resisting anything just sitting so still. Iím so worried Iím going to lose her

Wise Old Thumper

I hope Snowy improves overnight. xx