Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: There's something wrong with Clementine :(

Default There's something wrong with Clementine :(

I got back and she's just like flopped out.. Which I know normally means relaxed but Idk she doesn't seem comfortable :'( won't eat either, but I saw her eating hay earlier on the camera her stomach might be a little bloated to..? Hard to say because she's fat :'(

Can flopping, stretched out on her side be a bad thing?

Called my vet, my vets there, but nurse said she can't see her. Not even as an emergency, so gunna have to take her to a normal non savvy vets in an hour :/ actually think she's going to die.. She needs a proper vet I kept asking but the nurse was just like no, no way we can see her today...

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Oh no can you ask to speak to your rabbit savvy vet to see if they can see her? Maybe the nurse doesn’t realise how serious it might be? I really hope she will be ok, I’m sending lots of vibes and hugs xx

Binky free at the bridge Boots, you will never be forgotten xxxx

Quote Originally Posted by Zoobec View Post
    Oh no can you ask to speak to your rabbit savvy vet to see if they can see her? Maybe the nurse doesnít realise how serious it might be? I really hope she will be ok, Iím sending lots of vibes and hugs xx
    I told her everything, apparently my vets doing an operation atm, Idk what to do..

Quote Originally Posted by Graciee View Post
    I told her everything, apparently my vets doing an operation atm, Idk what to do..

Are there any other rabbit savvy vets near you?

Quote Originally Posted by Zoobec View Post
    Are there any other rabbit savvy vets near you?
    No :'(

I just rang them back but I don't think it'll make any difference :'(

Something feels so wrong.. And off idek my boyfriend is on his way home, but Idk what to do :'(

very hard to say what to do. If your nearest other vet is anything like decent I don’t know if it would be best to get her there ASAP and see if they can liase with a rabbit savvy vet further afield if possible. I’m sorry

Big hugs Graciee Any vet will do if it's that bad: I had a massive moment where I was CERTAIN we were going to lose Aboleth overnight Friday, but she's still with us: giving you Aboleth-hope if you haven't got the medication you think she might need on hand, then less-good vet must be better than no vet, right? Super best wishes for you all xxx
    The geeky one...

Often available for bunny runs: PM for details.

Mama Doe Scrappy's Little Helper's Avatar

I'm really sorry graciee, you really don't need this on top of everything else

I have seen my buns flop excessively with abdominal discomfort and it's usually turned out to be gas. I really hope that's the case with Clementine. In the meantime, I agree with K that taking her to the emergency vet might be the only option if your rabbit savvy vet can't see you. Given the symptoms you've described I'd want them to do a blood glucose test to check for blockages.

Good luck, I hope she'll be ok.

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk
    [IMG][/IMG]

Bunnies: Snoopy and Chocolate Fudge Cake

At the Bridge: Scrappy My bunny mentor and the beautiful girl who introduced me to the wonderful world of rabbits

Peanut Butter My cheeky boy who came so far in learning to love and trust humans. If only you could have stayed a bit longer

Quote Originally Posted by keletkezes View Post
    Big hugs Graciee Any vet will do if it's that bad: I had a massive moment where I was CERTAIN we were going to lose Aboleth overnight Friday, but she's still with us: giving you Aboleth-hope if you haven't got the medication you think she might need on hand, then less-good vet must be better than no vet, right? Super best wishes for you all xxx
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrappy's Little Helper View Post
    I'm really sorry graciee, you really don't need this on top of everything else

I have seen my buns flop excessively with abdominal discomfort and it's usually turned out to be gas. I really hope that's the case with Clementine. In the meantime, I agree with K that taking her to the emergency vet might be the only option if your rabbit savvy vet can't see you. Given the symptoms you've described I'd want them to do a blood glucose test to check for blockages.

Good luck, I hope she'll be ok.

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk
    Thanks both xx

Yea my boyfriend has just taken her to a normal vets, I gave him the loxicom box with her details and dose on it, I'm hoping they'll give us the dog one at the right strength and not the cat one at a tiny amount

Wise Old Thumper

I would also want her seen by any vet if I was that worried, although I really wouldn't be happy with your normal vets' attitude. An emergency is an emergency in my view whatever type of animal and should be treated as such.

I hope that your boyfriend gets on OK. It's the examination that is the most important. Once they've done that then you will be able to suggest what medication should be given.

Sending her lots of vibes. Hopefully it's just gas.