• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

There's something wrong with Clementine :(

Thanks everyone so much :)

I was going to update earlier but ended up having to go to my nans quickly and only just got home. Clementine is doing really well so far, she's been nomming the hay and veggies, few treats too with enthusiasm so that's really positive, poops are still small and dark, but with the amount of hay she's eating, I assume they'll be back to normal in a few days if she continues to improve :) don't wanna jinx anything but I'm really proud of how well she's done, compared to previously where stasis has really set her back for a long time.

Still can't really believe how dire the situation was so quickly and then how quickly she bounced back though [emoji51]

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Great news, clever girl Clem. Boo had what I assume was gas once, threw herself all over the place so I get what you mean by the uncomfortable flopping. Bounce back bunnies are such a relief. i'm sure we'll have golden poops in good time

Thanks everyone :)

Was less poops overnight unfortunately, but she still seems okay in herself so just gunna monitor and see. She's still eating though.

Hope she carries on the upward trend and this is just a blip :)
Good girl Clemmie, hope you continue to improve, keep those poops coming xxx
Thanks both, been some more poops this afternoon, she's still eating hay and she's had more veg but they're still very dark and small, I'm just glad she's eating though tbh and springing around xxx

Springing around is good. It doesn't sound like your poo analysis is worrying her too much. I hope she is fully recovered soon & wishing you some bunny stress free times xx

Springing around is good. It doesn't sound like your poo analysis is worrying her too much. I hope she is fully recovered soon & wishing you some bunny stress free times xx
Yea she's eating hay and flopping (not the violent throwing herself down thing tho) seems very content now, sploofs too. I'm just hoping the poops get better, she's due her meds again at 6, I'll do them all for a few days then I'll drop the emeprid see how she goes for a few days, drop the cisapride, then maybe a day of loxicom then I'll stop that. She's such a sweetie.. Yet sassy bun, I'm lucky really she has such an attitude but allows me to do medication and stuff really well :) xx

Gentle nose rubs for Clementine xx

One of our buns is prone to gas and we give him gripe water as soon as we notice he’s u comfortable and so far, touch wood, it’s been a godsend. I recommend having some at home xx

Yea she's eating hay and flopping (not the violent throwing herself down thing tho) seems very content now, sploofs too. I'm just hoping the poops get better, she's due her meds again at 6, I'll do them all for a few days then I'll drop the emeprid see how she goes for a few days, drop the cisapride, then maybe a day of loxicom then I'll stop that. She's such a sweetie.. Yet sassy bun, I'm lucky really she has such an attitude but allows me to do medication and stuff really well :) xx

I am glad she is doing well.Well done.
Your plan to monitor and stop drugs slowly is what I do with gi issues.
It is nice when treatment works well. May she continue to improve.

I am glad she is doing well.Well done.
Your plan to monitor and stop drugs slowly is what I do with gi issues.
It is nice when treatment works well. May she continue to improve.
-hi,graciee--I agree with bunny momma,--I always kept a running log on my rabbits,meds,dosages,eating habits,-and always[KG]-weight,especially.-always good for reference.-many,many vibs-sincerely james waller from the other kent-usa

Back