• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

There's something wrong with Clementine :(

With treatment did he used to perk up quickly? She's on loxicom, emeprid and cisapride, I'm so worried she's in pain if there's no improvement by midnight I might either give her tramadol as well or take her back and ask for a vetergesic injection - I've never seen her look so uncomfortable before, I can't bare it :(

Thanks Loobers, means a lot xxx

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
We had to be belt and braces because of his heart so unfortunately every time he got fluids and hospitalised. I wouldn't be able to say exactly what drugs he was on But previously researching gas episodes in bunnies they can recover quite quickly as scraps said xxx

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Just to add, in case this helps you to gauge how Clem is feeling. The pattern for Fudgie, after she's been given the metacam is that she will flop for a bit longer, but the frequency gradually decreases. At some point it stops and she will sit slightly hunched for a few minutes. And then suddenly, bang! she's back to normal.

Not sure if Clementine will do the same, but I thought it might be helpful if you need to decide whether to take her back to the vet later tonight.

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk

Sorry to hear Clementine is unwell again :cry:

Crossing my fingers for you that she picks up soon xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We had to be belt and braces because of his heart so unfortunately every time he got fluids and hospitalised. I wouldn't be able to say exactly what drugs he was on But previously researching gas episodes in bunnies they can recover quite quickly as scraps said xxx

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk
Just to add, in case this helps you to gauge how Clem is feeling. The pattern for Fudgie, after she's been given the metacam is that she will flop for a bit longer, but the frequency gradually decreases. At some point it stops and she will sit slightly hunched for a few minutes. And then suddenly, bang! she's back to normal.

Not sure if Clementine will do the same, but I thought it might be helpful if you need to decide whether to take her back to the vet later tonight.

This is all really useful thanks both :)

So she laid down looking rough for a while after her meds, then my boyfriend went out to tesco to get veggies and herbs as we had none, when he opened the front door when he got back she got all excited like normal and rushed to the door to the lounge to wait (her normal behaviour) then after he pet her etc she went to her cage and nibbled some hay. Then he gave her veggies she's eaten some of those, and nibbled some more hay since [emoji7] no output yet and obviously early still but it's definitely encouraging :') she really loves my boyfriend [emoji38] she's groomed me a little too but I gave her meds so I'm getting glares [emoji38] I just hope she poops and the eating increases. Worried as well after last time, it went on for over a month with needing meds daily.. Hoping it won't be like that again.

She has continued to nibble and has taken two treats, also some very small poops are in her tray :)

Aww...poor bub. That does look like an odd position. But hoping by now she is turning a corner and doing better. Lots of healing vibes being speedily sent your way. (((((((((((((Clementine)))))))))))) xxxxx

That does sound positive. Hopefully she's now well on the way to getting better.

Lots of hugs, graciee. It's a horrible thing to witness as they're very obviously in pain and it's torture waiting for the medication to start kicking in. But the fact that she's eating now must mean that she's feeling a lot more comfortable.

Thanks everyone :)

Gave her meds at 6am, she seems much brighter in herself, took a fenugreek crunchie too, there was some small poops over night, hoping they continue today.

She's so sweet though, after her meds she groomed my entire arm whilst I stroked her.

I thought her neck was completely healed (from last time) it's still a bit tufty but regrowing fine, but I saw a newer patch she's over groomed :( it's lower down than previously, it's looking okay... But I'm wondering if she's in pain just normally again and may need a daily painkiller again. Need to take her to see a proper vet I think. Not sure what to do about it though.

So sorry that Clemmie hasn't been well, I've not been on here for a couple of days as away visiting relatives, but pleased to hear that she is doing better now. Sending keep well and pooping vibes for your girlie xxx

Thanks everyone :)

Gave her meds at 6am, she seems much brighter in herself, took a fenugreek crunchie too, there was some small poops over night, hoping they continue today.

She's so sweet though, after her meds she groomed my entire arm whilst I stroked her.

I thought her neck was completely healed (from last time) it's still a bit tufty but regrowing fine, but I saw a newer patch she's over groomed :( it's lower down than previously, it's looking okay... But I'm wondering if she's in pain just normally again and may need a daily painkiller again. Need to take her to see a proper vet I think. Not sure what to do about it though.

dear graciee,-top vibs-for clementine,-[pain]-can be diagnosed by listening for gut noises,.severe teeth grinding,activity level.-just thought I would enforce what I believe you already knew,..--infant simethicone/mint can calm a rumbly tummy.-a prescription med can cause problems,but I believe you know best,--sincerely james waller from the other kent -usa

I just saw this post and hope Clementine has continued to improve. It can be so worrysome when a beloved pet becomes ill.
Sending lots of positive vibes.

Back