• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Favourite toys/enrichment activities

OliveTree

Warren Scout
If you could just buy one thing (or a couple of small things) for your bunnies, what would you go for please? Thank you!

I would go to The Range and buy a selection of their Hays. I know what you might be thinking but rabbits are grazing animals and for them to be munching on hay is very fulfilling. Of course, if rabbits have access to grass, then this is even better. Next to hay/grass a friend is highly beneficial - I know you had a friend and one day will hopefully find another.

I would go to The Range and buy a selection of their Hays. I know what you might be thinking but rabbits are grazing animals and for them to be munching on hay is very fulfilling. Of course, if rabbits have access to grass, then this is even better. Next to hay/grass a friend is highly beneficial - I know you had a friend and one day will hopefully find another.

Thanks - I didn't even know that The Range did hay so that's really useful to know! And yes, I am planning to get a friend as soon as is practical.

One big thing would be their donut tunnel because they love it and it's so versatile you can switch it up week to week.

One or two small things would be rosewood's ball trio and a treat ball to dispense their pellets from.

Just one? Argh! A stool, so they can hide under it or be king of the castle on it!

That sounds fun! I do have a stool that I was thinking of putting in the run, but I have no idea if what the wood is treated with is rabbit safe. I might try it under supervision though.

One big thing would be their donut tunnel because they love it and it's so versatile you can switch it up week to week.

One or two small things would be rosewood's ball trio and a treat ball to dispense their pellets from.

That donut is very cute! I'm wondering how hard wearing it would be for outdoor use, but again, maybe something to use under supervision.

I've seen the ball trio but not a treat dispenser, so I'll keep an eye out for that.

Ah yeah, it wouldn't stand up so well outside - none of my cat or rabbit tunnels ever did. For outside I'd highly recommend twinwall piping! If you put out a wanted on a local facebook site you may find someone willing to give you offcuts for free - that's how I got mine :D

Ah yeah, it wouldn't stand up so well outside - none of my cat or rabbit tunnels ever did. For outside I'd highly recommend twinwall piping! If you put out a wanted on a local facebook site you may find someone willing to give you offcuts for free - that's how I got mine :D
Seconded! Being confident and asking nicely at the local roadworks, housebuilding places also works :D be prepared to take it there and then though! Many times I've carried a filthy piece of pipe home in work clothes :lol:

My buns like to climb on things and go through things like tunnels or hidey houses. A great big pile of hay gives loads of fun as they dig warrens in it and move it around

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Books! No matter how many toys my bunny has he always just wants to get at the bookshelf. So now he has his own little stacks of books strategically placed around the apartment to distract him from the books we actually plan on reading. Every time I walk pass the Salvation Army I grab him some more on the 5 books for $4 deal.

Or those cheap rugs that are multicoloured, sewn or tied along the long side to make a tunnel. I have a bunch of these along the back of the sofa and he spends ages back there just digging away. We are pretty sure he thinks it’s a tunnel he has dug himself :lol: they are affordable enough to just replace when he rips them to pieces, and it mostly protects the back of the sofa from chewing or digging.

Back