Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why does bunny scrabble at me?

Quote Originally Posted by sillyrabbit View Post
    My bunny does this too, itís his way of telling me to move! Another one is sneaking up behind us and nipping right on the back of the ankle
    Oh he will definitely nudge me or nip if Iím in his way, I donít think it was that.

He just did it again today - I donít think it is to get out of his way as he usually pushes with his head or nips for that.

I had a party last night so I set him up an enclosure in my room instead of the lounge where he usually lives. So much tidying up to do and might paint his room tomorrow whilst all the NIC cubes are down so figured he can stay in my room again tonight. I put him on the bed to play/snuggles rather than me sitting in the pen I made. He explored, snuggled for a while. I put him back for a wee but he didnít want one. So I put him back on the bed only for him to start scratching my shoulder, biting my dressing gown, stopped him then he started it again and then he nipped me lightly in the shoulder.

Can he get on and off when he likes or does he need you to pick him up and move him?
    Has he got a digging pit?

My Mimzy, a Holland lop, loved to sit with me on my bed while I gave him a full body bunny massage. But if I stopped even for a moment to readjust and get a cramp out of my leg, he'd turn, scrabble and nip me till I began again. He was very demanding about his fusses.
    I often found a resounding "OW!" got their attention, but bunnies are pretty much one note when it comes to their comfort, if they aren't getting it, they'll let you know! They don't really have too many ways to tell us of their displeasure that get quite the reaction this does.

I'll add that I always had to have a puppy pad on the bed under him because if he got really comfy he might let loose a wee. Or he could outright try to claim the whole of the bed by marking it. He liked to make his territory quite clear to everyone.

This being said, he really was a gentle bun and such a lovely companion. I take destructive or nasty behavior as perhaps a sign they might not be feeling well, since they'll hide their illnesses because they are prey animals. When was the last time Fudge saw his vet, even for a checkup? Maybe something is going on with his teeth? And I presume he's neutered if he's 6? (I don't recall if you said so before.)