• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit pooing EVERYWHERE!

Hi guys,

I'm new to this forum but I'm after some advice.

My 2.5 year old Havana, Chunk, has been pooing and peeing both inside and outside his litterbox for the past couple of months.

We moved house in July where he stayed at my parents. They have another rabbit (Roary) who he use to live with when they were tiny, but we had to separate them for numerous reasons.

I thought it might have been a territorial thing being back near Roary when he started pooing everywhere. Because of the circumstances at my parents, he also had very limited exercise as to what he was use to with us.

Now we are settled in our new home, he's come back to us. He has been with us a couple of weeks and is still doing his business everywhere. I've tried moving the litterbox, moving his food bowl/ hay feeder to where his litterbox is, moving all his poops into his litterbox... Nothing is working.

He is back to the routine we had him in a few months ago. He was using the litterbox religiously since he was a baby so I'm really confused on this.

We also checked for any skin burns from his pee (I know it's a sign of a UTI) and nothing. His mobility is fine and he is still using his litterbox occasionally... so no concern there either. His eating and drinking habits also haven't changed.

I am such a paranoid bunny-mum because he's been a very poorly boy and suffered gut stasis at 9 and 22 months old :( (no fault of ours or his).

Any advice/ help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance x

Last edited:
Hi there, welcome to the forum. If it's only been a couple of weeks, your bunny may still be getting used to his new environment, and could be marking his territory. How big is his litter box ? Lots of folk on here, use the large low sided under bed storage boxes filled with hay, as bunnies love to chew and poo at the same time. I would keep moving his poops into his litter box for now. Hope he settles down soon

Hi there, welcome to the forum. If it's only been a couple of weeks, your bunny may still be getting used to his new environment, and could be marking his territory. How big is his litter box ? Lots of folk on here, use the large low sided under bed storage boxes filled with hay, as bunnies love to chew and poo at the same time. I would keep moving his poops into his litter box for now. Hope he settles down soon

Hey, thank you! I haven't actually tried putting a lot of hay in his litter tray, he usually has wood pellet and straw and some hay. I've done it this morning and see what he's like when I get home. It's 45cm square and is low sided x

I've also noticed this morning that he has very bright coloured urine. I don't know if this is a concern? Looks like orange lucozade!

Back