• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Helo

RLO

Young Bun
Helo

We hadn't planned to have rabbits but last year we found two!

Binci was in woodland in Brussels when we found her on Easter Monday. We took her home - she is a large English bunny. Then a few months later on Hampstead Heath we found Humphrey, a German lop and definitely not a local wild rabbit. This year we were also fostering a little lion head, Marmaduke, for our local vet and were planning on adopting him and finding him a friend. Sadly he reacted badly to the anaesthetic when having the snip and didn't make it 😞.

We already had guinea pigs and I used to have rabbits as a child so getting used to having bunnies has so far mostly been good, but losing Marmaduke and recent health problems and loss of one of our guinea pigs, Snowball, made us realise that there's a lot to learn. Advice from the GP forum helped us to save Crumble's life. Hoping we won't need it but joining this forum to learn and share advice. And cute photos.

Once I've worked out how I will post some photos! 😀

Welcome.
You will not be disapointed. In addition to a wealth of information and cute stories and photos, you will receive friendship and support.
Several members also have other small pets too. There is also the rainbow bridge area where members post tributes to the pets they lost.
I am sorry you lost your bunny to a snip.
You may want to start a post asking for a recommendation for a good vet for rabbits in your area.
Also arrange for vaccinations.
I live in the USA and am thankful to have found this forum.

Thanks for the welcome messages

Hopefully here's a photo.
hEeVi1d

Thank you :D they are lovely and cheer me up every morning when I go to top up their hay before I get my own breakfast.

Another go.
3EUzUXq.jpg

Oh - get in. Look at these two beautiful wee bunnies. Humphrey has a certain Germanic look about him - efficient, proud, confident and just a perfect loaf of bread pose. Alongside is the more serene Binci who looks extremely relaxed and happy.
Looking forward to more photos and posts of these two gorgeous bunnnies - and welcome to the forum. xx

Back