• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Meet Pepper

Graciee

Staff member
Literally the worst timing ever, but I've been trying to pick this ham up for days and life keeps getting in the way [emoji849] so I thought sod it and went and got her this evening.

No idea on age, but definitely an adult based on size. She's been abandoned, adopted, returned, and then been sat in adoption for months. Because she's terrified of people and screams/buzzes etc [emoji38]

These were taken at a distance hence poor quality, as I didn't want to scare her, she's not buzzed here yet, we'll see how that goes [emoji38] she's been out, explored her new home, dug and tunnelled and eaten sunflower seeds [emoji38] Idk if we'll keep the name or not tbh I'm too tired to consider names atm [emoji38]

mPiEbfY.jpg

cybEaQo.jpg

Sent from a Rockhopper penguin

Last edited:
Yea she is really pretty, I didn't know what she looked like til it was time to get her in the box (she'd made a bedding Fort [emoji38]) but her little face is so sweet [emoji7]

What a dear girl. :love:. The screaming and buzzing will fade with time. Took Mum six months to calm down, she wasn't a screamer but she hissed and was always ready to attack. She is completely calm now, I don't handle her but let her get on with her own business. That's how she likes her life, being left alone.

What a dear girl. :love:. The screaming and buzzing will fade with time. Took Mum six months to calm down, she wasn't a screamer but she hissed and was always ready to attack. She is completely calm now, I don't handle her but let her get on with her own business. That's how she likes her life, being left alone.

Yea that's what I'm hoping, Cottonball wasn't really a fan of handling tbh she got used to me enough for me to be able to cut her nails and give meds when she needed them, and put her in a carrier for cleaning time, but other than that I left her alone, that's how she was happiest.

When they were trying to get her into her carrier she just sounded like a really angry bee [emoji38] bless her.

She's obviously a Russian dwarf ham, winter white is their other name right? Anyway only been one night, but she's buried her flying saucer wheel under her bedding [emoji38] but she should be able to move a 9" silent runner I think? She's surprisingly huge compared to Muma who was a robo, I'd say like twice the length.. So I think she'll need a bigger wheel than a robo. I'll try her with a few wheels over a few weeks to see if it's just a different type of wheel she'd like before giving up on a wheel, if she buries them all, I'll take it that she's trying to tell me something [emoji38] so far though she's all about the tunneling she's completely trashed the joint [emoji38] sad because she didn't have deep bedding before and clearly she loves it :)

Thanks everyone for the lovely comments :) I'm just glad she's in her forever home now and can chill out and get used to it here :)

She is adorable, good on you for taking her in. Any reasons why she was returned so many times?

She is adorable, good on you for taking her in. Any reasons why she was returned so many times?
Because she's aggressive and screams at you if she sees you, most people don't want that in a pet unfortunately. Understandable really [emoji38] I really love hamsters and I can easily have two large tanks, so I just take whoever I can when I can, and will continue to, til it's too much I guess, it's sad because they don't live long always, like I could have Pepper a few weeks - a month - 6 months, if I have her a year that'd be amazing and any more is a real bonus, so it can be hard to keep losing them :( but there's so many hamsters out there that need homes, a lot of people buy them for their kids and the kids get bored or bitten and then they don't want them anymore. So there's no shortage of hard to home, unwanted hammies :(

Back