• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Grass-tastic or Graze On

Jemima

Alpha Buck
My lot usually have handfuls of Readigrass during the winter but I was disappointed at how dusty it was last year. I am considering Grass-tastic or Graze On this year and wondered if one is any better than the other. Do your rabbits have a preference?

Grasstastic every time. Graze on was very tough and sharp last time we tried it. Ok for the goats but a friends bunny got graze on stuck in it’s gum :cry: and the vet had to get it out. Grasstastic goes down a treat here :love:

Thank you, that helps a lot as mine prefer softer hay.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thank you, that helps a lot as mine prefer softer hay.

Grasstastic is very soft and green. I’ve not got any at the moment otherwise I could have sent you some. Maybe they can send a sample as it comes in a large sack!

Grasstastic is very soft and green. I’ve not got any at the moment otherwise I could have sent you some. Maybe they can send a sample as it comes in a large sack!
They do samples if you look on their website :) mine all like it

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

I have emailed asking if they do samples but not heard back yet.

I’m not in a rush as I’ve plenty of grass left in the garden if it’s dry and I don’t mind buying a big bag as mine eat most things, some with more enthusiasm than others but thank you for the offer.

I'm so confused �� how is it different to hay? I thought hay was just dried grass? (I have the soft hay from Timothy hay.co.uk) I thought I was getting the hang of this hay business ����

My lot usually have handfuls of Readigrass during the winter but I was disappointed at how dusty it was last year. I am considering Grass-tastic or Graze On this year and wondered if one is any better than the other. Do your rabbits have a preference?
dear jemima,--someone else on this website [near you],-can give you pricing and purchasing locations..,that given as you already know rabbits are strictly herbivoures[grass eaters,-their gi-tract therefore require non-digestible fiber-[grasses],-ie.timothy is highest in nondigestible fiber,orchard,etc.-farmers plant,harvest said grasses,the first cuttings generally contain more noxious weeds,than the 2nd/3rd-cuttings.-[unacceptable]-are-dirty, wet/moldly,so be careful what you chose.--you can purchase grasses online during tough times[ie.oxbow],-also being a herbivour their teeth constantly grow and grasses help keep their teeth ground down..-the diet should be 70%grasses-otherwise overtime teeth grow,get misaligned,-rabbits then chose softer foods [pellets]-and will not chose grasses,..the quality pellets are their food/vitamins,lots of water and some rabbits safe treats..watch the [daytime]poops,-you can judge grass consumption,and tonus[stomach muscles]- here is a link to rabbit health http://www.bio.miami.edu/hare/poop.html I hope something here helps.--sincerely james waller from the other kent-usa

hay vrs grasses

I'm so confused �� how is it different to hay? I thought hay was just dried grass? (I have the soft hay from Timothy hay.co.uk) I thought I was getting the hang of this hay business ����
dear buzzwizz619,--yes,it is confusing-because hay is a lose term including- grasses,-but if you order hay [meaning grasses],-you get yellow straw-looking stuff..--as I did ..--once upon a time-at a farm supply store,- I ordered hay for my bunz,-the guy loaded a bale of-yellow hay/straw in my van,so I said that's not timothy grass,-that is correct, he said you ordered [hay]--animal bedding,--,he corrected me as I pointed to timothy grasses,oh he said you want grasses,-rabbits donot eat hay/straw--so you see we are not farmers.---I guess we have to be more exact/precise.-when we order..-I hope this helps,--sincerely james waller from the other kent-usa:love::love::wave:

Back