Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Urgent Help please - fighting rabbits!

Wise Old Thumper

Very blurry pic but here is the little lad we have taken
    6 months old and now named Madigan. Olivetree upset as giving him up but what a lovely family. such a shame you were let down

madigan021119 by Jill Woodward, on Flickr
    Last edited by Zoobec; 03-11-2019 at 04:06 PM. Reason: Removing name from post as requested
    Jill

Warren Scout

Again, thank you for everyone's support. It was an incredibly difficult decision to make but, after having met Jill, I very much felt the sense that it was the right decision and I know that the lovely rabbit is in very safe and expert hands. I also got more information from Jill in our short conversation than I ever had from the 'other' place.

It's so frustrating to see the Facebook discussion that Jill mentions though. It's been phrased very much as vaccination and neutering being something that any responsible pet owner should deal with themselves and not expect someone else to pay for, though it was never a question of cost for me :/

Anyway, as someone has said (sorry, I hope you'll forgive me for not replying individually), it hasn't been the best start to rabbit ownership unfortunately but we still have one lovely boy and we will find him a friend in time.

Warren Scout

Oh, cross posted with Jill there. He's such a lovely bunny! Thank you for helping us and him out.

On another note - fireworks have started here and our remaining bunny is looking a bit scared He has lots of hay and we'll pop out and check up on him as much as possible but does anyone have any more tips? Unfortunately I can foresee this lasting for at least a week. I don't think it's any of out immediate neighbours but some of the bangs are pretty loud.

Wise Old Thumper

I am sorry you have had such an upsetting introduction to keeping rabbits but at least now you are on the right road to having 2 very happy Bunnies. As for the fireworks, most rabbits don't bat an eyelid. I expect your bunny is missing the other rabbit but he should be fine and you could put a teddy in there tomorrow or next time you can buy one. Lots of single buns have a teddy.

Wise Old Thumper

Quote Originally Posted by tonibun View Post
    I am sorry you have had such an upsetting introduction to keeping rabbits but at least now you are on the right road to having 2 very happy Bunnies. As for the fireworks, most rabbits don't bat an eyelid. I expect your bunny is missing the other rabbit but he should be fine and you could put a teddy in there tomorrow or next time you can buy one. Lots of single buns have a teddy.
    I agree, your bunny has had a lot of changes in a very short time. As long as he feels secure in the playhouse, he should be fine. A teddy, or any soft toy actually, is a good idea.

I concur a soft toy is a great idea. My bonded bunnies have a soft toy rabbit that they love to sit next next to & groom almost as much as their real life companions. Its surprising how much comfort they get from them

A soft toy is a good idea. However, not all rabbits take to them. I gave Frosty a teddy and he knocked it over, bit a hole in it and started digging and chewing at it so I had to remove it a hidey place in the run and in the hutch is a good idea

Binky free at the bridge Boots, you will never be forgotten xxxx

Wise Old Thumper

I hope that your Bunny coped OK overnight and you definitely did the right thing by contacting Jill and asking for her help. As this is all rather a 'Public' rehoming it may be a chance for us to acknowledge that Jill has no funding for her Rescue other than that she raises herself via various Fundraising events. So if anyone has a few spare pennies then I am certain a bag of food, some hay, forages etc would be much appreciated by The Honeybunnies & Honeypigs. Or maybe a 'one off' donation to cover the cost of a Vaccination

NB-I have 'Reported' myself to the Mods as I am not sure if this post is allowed ....................

The Rabbit Welfare Association and Fund (RWAF) ~ The UK's Biggest Organisation for Rabbit Lovers https://rabbitwelfare.co.uk/

Edgar needs a Forever Home http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/sh...nham-SW-London

Of course itís allowed Jane.

Jill does fantastic work!
    Toulouse,Otto & Minnie cats <3

Wise Old Thumper

Quote Originally Posted by Amy & Amber View Post
    Of course it’s allowed Jane.

Jill does fantastic work!
    Ta !

The Rabbit Welfare Association and Fund (RWAF) ~ The UK's Biggest Organisation for Rabbit Lovers https://rabbitwelfare.co.uk/

Edgar needs a Forever Home http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/sh...nham-SW-London