• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit insurance switching

mini lop1

Wise Old Thumper
Has anyone switched, I'm with petpan for chase lifetime cover but it getting beyond a joke the increases he is now £19.30 a month for upcoming year policy , he is only 4 years old so I dread to think what this may be when he gets older?. Someone recommended agria so I done online quote and it's quoting £14.39 month for lifetime plus cover.
He doesn't have any exclusions also just to note

Anyone else switched, or with agria and can give me anymore feedback please thanks xxx

Just bare in mind if you do switch anything noted on his history (regardless of whether you claimed) will be classed as pre-existing and therefore won't be covered by the new policy! So although he has no exclusions this may make things more difficult to get covered.

My dogs went up since I moved (within the same village), as they said he was at more risk of road traffic accidents due to moving nearer a busy road! Daft really, but I couldn't be without his insurance! I hope you get sorted, I would look at how much is on his history as to what may not be covered if you change and see if it's worth it that way x Bigwig is with petplan and the first rabbit I've had insured, had the ins under a year though so will see if it goes up at renewal

My dogs went up since I moved (within the same village), as they said he was at more risk of road traffic accidents due to moving nearer a busy road! Daft really, but I couldn't be without his insurance! I hope you get sorted, I would look at how much is on his history as to what may not be covered if you change and see if it's worth it that way x Bigwig is with petplan and the first rabbit I've had insured, had the ins under a year though so will see if it goes up at renewal

How much you paying at moment and how old is he?
I've had rabbits with petplan for years but they just getting ridiculous lately with price hikes

How much you paying at moment and how old is he?
I've had rabbits with petplan for years but they just getting ridiculous lately with price hikes

I pay £9.13, but that's with 20% discount for vet staff and bigwig is just over 1 so i would hope it stays at a lower price for a while yet!

I switched years ago from petplan to exotic direct. Petplan kept going up and Bandit had never needed the vets. He must be coming up to 9 soon and still never needed any treatment. His insurance hasn't gone up with exotic direct. He doesn't live with us now but I still cover his costs.

Personally I wouldn’t move, Petplan are by far the best. My vet bill over the last week for three bunnies (one is poorly, one was a routine dental and one a stasis episode) is over £2000. I can’t insure mine as I take in poorly or elderly buns, but if ever I decide to just have young healthies ever again, I will insure with Petplan again.

We stopped using Petplan for our cat, as the cost as she older didn't justify the amount they paid out after they've taken the excess and their percentage charges.

Personally I wouldn’t move, Petplan are by far the best. My vet bill over the last week for three bunnies (one is poorly, one was a routine dental and one a stasis episode) is over £2000. I can’t insure mine as I take in poorly or elderly buns, but if ever I decide to just have young healthies ever again, I will insure with Petplan again.

Thanks I've decided to leave it. I couldn't fair them with the care the gave for paying out on Sox and Mabel over the years. It did save soxs life.
It just the price that has shocked me in the increase, but then I'd rather have a healthy bun then a poorly bun

Back