Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rabbit insurance switching

Default Rabbit insurance switching

Has anyone switched, I'm with petpan for chase lifetime cover but it getting beyond a joke the increases he is now 19.30 a month for upcoming year policy , he is only 4 years old so I dread to think what this may be when he gets older?. Someone recommended agria so I done online quote and it's quoting 14.39 month for lifetime plus cover.
    He doesn't have any exclusions also just to note

Anyone else switched, or with agria and can give me anymore feedback please thanks xxx

IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

Forum Buddy

Did you ring them up and ask why the hike?
    IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

Just bare in mind if you do switch anything noted on his history (regardless of whether you claimed) will be classed as pre-existing and therefore won't be covered by the new policy! So although he has no exclusions this may make things more difficult to get covered.

Quote Originally Posted by Gem View Post
    Did you ring them up and ask why the hike?
    Yes I asked last year, was told risk he poses to insurance, his breed, animal, area we live in etc

Think the area but is stupid

My dogs went up since I moved (within the same village), as they said he was at more risk of road traffic accidents due to moving nearer a busy road! Daft really, but I couldn't be without his insurance! I hope you get sorted, I would look at how much is on his history as to what may not be covered if you change and see if it's worth it that way x Bigwig is with petplan and the first rabbit I've had insured, had the ins under a year though so will see if it goes up at renewal

Quote Originally Posted by Liz47 View Post
    My dogs went up since I moved (within the same village), as they said he was at more risk of road traffic accidents due to moving nearer a busy road! Daft really, but I couldn't be without his insurance! I hope you get sorted, I would look at how much is on his history as to what may not be covered if you change and see if it's worth it that way x Bigwig is with petplan and the first rabbit I've had insured, had the ins under a year though so will see if it goes up at renewal
    How much you paying at moment and how old is he?
    I've had rabbits with petplan for years but they just getting ridiculous lately with price hikes

Quote Originally Posted by mini lop1 View Post
    How much you paying at moment and how old is he?
    I've had rabbits with petplan for years but they just getting ridiculous lately with price hikes
    I pay 9.13, but that's with 20% discount for vet staff and bigwig is just over 1 so i would hope it stays at a lower price for a while yet!

I switched years ago from petplan to exotic direct. Petplan kept going up and Bandit had never needed the vets. He must be coming up to 9 soon and still never needed any treatment. His insurance hasn't gone up with exotic direct. He doesn't live with us now but I still cover his costs.

Personally I wouldn’t move, Petplan are by far the best. My vet bill over the last week for three bunnies (one is poorly, one was a routine dental and one a stasis episode) is over 2000. I can’t insure mine as I take in poorly or elderly buns, but if ever I decide to just have young healthies ever again, I will insure with Petplan again.

We stopped using Petplan for our cat, as the cost as she older didn't justify the amount they paid out after they've taken the excess and their percentage charges.
    Every Bun deserves some love, no matter what their breed, colour or background