• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Size of temporary indoor cage

LittleEskimo

Mama Doe
Hey all, I'm thinking of going away for a a fair few weeks in December/Jan and my sister has offered to take care of Finn for me while I'm away. She has her own rabbits so I'm pretty happy for her to do that. Only the thing is I'll need to have to buy a indoor cage for Finn. She said he will be able to be let out and run around but will have to be put away while shes at work and at night as she has cats. They're alright with the rabbits as they're quite old but obvioisly she doesn't want to leave them unatennded. Which means I'd need a cage with a roof too.
I was looking at the 100 or 120 ferplast. You can get them quite cheaply so I was hoping it would be alright for him. Thanks

Hey all, I'm thinking of going away for a a fair few weeks in December/Jan and my sister has offered to take care of Finn for me while I'm away. She has her own rabbits so I'm pretty happy for her to do that. Only the thing is I'll need to have to buy a indoor cage for Finn. She said he will be able to be let out and run around but will have to be put away while shes at work and at night as she has cats. They're alright with the rabbits as they're quite old but obvioisly she doesn't want to leave them unatennded. Which means I'd need a cage with a roof too.
I was looking at the 100 or 120 ferplast. You can get them quite cheaply so I was hoping it would be alright for him. Thanks
Those are very small to be locked in at all imo.. More like litter tray size.. There's a 160 cage which I have but that's still only 5.3ft long.. And I never like to shut the doors on even that one tbh :(

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

There's also the option of using C&C grids which I already own and using those to make a enclosure with a lid. I am a little worried about the space between the bars but I might be able to figure something out. It just depends on how much space my sister has in her dining room to go bigger than 120cm

I, too, suggest a large dog crate with an attached run. The Ferplast cages are really too small. What does he live in at home?
Just as an aside, I would be concerned about upsetting all the rabbits unless he is kept completely away from hers.

Back