• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny proofing TV stand?

Mella

Young Bun
I was wondering if any of you guys had photos or ideas on how to bunny proof in and around a TV stand? Ours sits in the nook next to the fire place but there is access both through the stand and down either side to the wires at the back. Between the soundbar and the xbox theres a lot of cables that need protection from nibbling buns. One idea is to buy/ build a new stand that will fill the entire nook with doors but that could be an expensive option. Anyone had a similar problem and had a creative solution that looks nice decor wise?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Oh I totally get this. You see, I’ve got a Henry. A nethie and he’s just built for trouble and exploring. Like you, we’ve got a telly stand, plus the dvd freeview and soundbar and one of those old fashioned things called a video cassette recorder���� and soundbar and woofer box. In short, more cables than I know what to do with. I used an old cusion at first to stop Henry from sneaking round the back on one side. And a towel in front of the stand so that it gave the appearance of not being able to get through. Worked for a while too. Til Henry got adventurous and worked out he could jump on and over the cusion and nose bump the towel out of the way! Bet he thought he was in tree root heaven when he eventually got behind our set up. Luckily I got him before he got a chompin and I had to quickly cannibalise a few boxes to cut into odd shapes to cello tape round the front and side. It looks untidy and heath Robinson, but it has stopped Henry from squeezing and nosing round the back. I’ll post photos in the morning and you can all laugh at how ridiculous it looks.
So my advice is grab a box from the supermarket and cut it to fit as best you can the gaps. Give up on making it look nice - it’s not blue peter.

Oh I totally get this. You see, I’ve got a Henry. A nethie and he’s just built for trouble and exploring. Like you, we’ve got a telly stand, plus the dvd freeview and soundbar and one of those old fashioned things called a video cassette recorder������������ and soundbar and woofer box. In short, more cables than I know what to do with. I used an old cusion at first to stop Henry from sneaking round the back on one side. And a towel in front of the stand so that it gave the appearance of not being able to get through. Worked for a while too. Til Henry got adventurous and worked out he could jump on and over the cusion and nose bump the towel out of the way! Bet he thought he was in tree root heaven when he eventually got behind our set up. Luckily I got him before he got a chompin and I had to quickly cannibalise a few boxes to cut into odd shapes to cello tape round the front and side. It looks untidy and heath Robinson, but it has stopped Henry from squeezing and nosing round the back. I’ll post photos in the morning and you can all laugh at how ridiculous it looks.
So my advice is grab a box from the supermarket and cut it to fit as best you can the gaps. Give up on making it look nice - it’s not blue peter.
That's a right saga, we're soon to have 3 hopping about and are hoping the get the downstairs bunny proofed so we can leave them roam in the downstairs while we're not in. They have the lean to at the back which is 60 square foot anyway but otherwise the downstairs is all one room as it's only a 1 bed terrace.

Also has anyone had any experience of this style of pet gate and if they're any good for rabbits?
43e2747854bcf0c48ff4d05effd660d7.jpg

I have some puppy pen panels around mine - doesn’t actually stop them but it delays them long enough for me to hear that they are trying to get in there :lol: it’s the lightweight panels I have there so they just stick their nose between the bars and lift it up / pull it away!

I was wondering if any of you guys had photos or ideas on how to bunny proof in and around a TV stand? Ours sits in the nook next to the fire place but there is access both through the stand and down either side to the wires at the back. Between the soundbar and the xbox theres a lot of cables that need protection from nibbling buns. One idea is to buy/ build a new stand that will fill the entire nook with doors but that could be an expensive option. Anyone had a similar problem and had a creative solution that looks nice decor wise?

dear mella,-wires can be protected with a plastic wrap.-it is sold in lengths/slit down the middle for easy application,and can be cut to length-check the hardware stoers,amazon,etc.--sincerely james waller from the other kent-usa

How are you with DIY? I would buy some 2x4 and MDF or Plywood and build a new stand

Just to say don't use mdf near buns, it's really toxic - ply works though :D

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Sorry should have been more clear. I use MDF for the majority of the non-essential support structures as it is cheaper. (Cross beams, Corner jointed, etc) whatever would be access by Rabbits would be panels of ply.

Sorry should have been more clear. I use MDF for the majority of the non-essential support structures as it is cheaper. (Cross beams, Corner jointed, etc) whatever would be access by Rabbits would be panels of ply.
Yea the other day I asked on here for rabbit shampoo suggestions without explaining I know normally buns don't need bathing [emoji38] easily done! Just thought I'd say it incase op wasn't aware :)

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

How are you with DIY? I would buy some 2x4 and MDF or Plywood and build a new stand
Well the boyfriend is a qualified joiner so we could knock something up relatively easily. Just need to figure out the best solution and what er actually want to do there.

Thanks for the help though guys! Its more a matter of knowing what will work best for the bunnies and applying as to what we want to do with it

Or put the tv on the wall.
If only that would work! It's our xbox and other gadgets that go with the telly that we really need the stand for [emoji2356]. Can't begrudge the boyfriend for it really as half the games on the xbox are mine [emoji23]

Back