• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Raven send more vibes Jan 25 post 208

bunny momma

Wise Old Thumper
Today Raven is at the vet having a dental. This is his third dental for 2019. After losing Dash and Gemini in the past month I am more worried than usual. I asked vet to do some blood work and check his urine while he is there. It is 2:30 pm and of course the bunny who pees in his letterbox and on anything that he wants to be his has decided to take his time providing a urine sample.

I would appreciate some extra vibes that all is well other than his pointy molars.

Last edited:
Sending loads of vibes for Raven with his dental. I hope his recovery goes smoothly.

Oh my :( I was hoping you'd have a break from bunny worries. Loads of vibes for your boy & you. Let us know when you have news xx

Raven and I thank our ru friends for their support.
He is home now.
He kept peeing on towels at vet so they did not get a urine sample.
He had some bloodwork done, and his liver and kidney values are normal.
His dental addressed moderate points on the tongue side of lowers.
Vet found one spot under Raven's tongue that is healing. It is not from his teeth so could be from hoy or twig.
I am now waiting for fresh poo and for Raven to eat more than a few nibbles of greens.

I am glad that Raven's Dental went well and his bloods are OK. Sending lots of vibes for a very rapid recovery for him :love:

A few days ago Raven took his time before making me fresh poos. At the time I thought he was being fussy because the new box of hay had crunchier hay than the prior box. He was still eating pellets and greens at that time. Yesterday, I noticed he did not eat any/many of his pellets, even though he ate his greens from the night before. When I cleaned his litterbox, I saw he made fewer poos than the day before and they were about 2/3 his usual size and a bit harder than usual. I was not seeing any fresh pee/poo after I cleaned him and did not want to wait too long, so he got Medicam and Sub Q fluids. He peed while getting the fluids so I was glad, and it took another hour before he gave me some fresh poo (fewer, and smaller than earlier). This morning he got to vets (last opening vet had so I was glad I called when they opened). Urinalysis was normal, no blood, not many crystals, no infection, no diabetes, good specific gravity. Upon exam he had some tenderness near kidneys, which can be inflammation. He is to remain on Medicam and vet also prescribed Baytril for cover.
Raven was very active in the carrier in the car and at the vets. He is otherwise looking very handsome/healthy. In case he just does not like the newer hay, I got a new bag of hay for him that has a softer feel.
Please send Raven and I some positive vibes.

Last edited:
Back