Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Raven update Jan 4 2021 post 202

Wise Old Thumper

Sending lots of vibes for Raven and Raven's Mummy X

Thanks Zoobec, Jane , Omi, Toribun, and all ru friends sending positive vibes.
    Raven is stable, yet not himself. On a positive note the store had nice greens today. Raven nibbled carrot top and a small amount of new hay. He needed more Medicam, so I hope he will eat better now. Poo close to normal size , yet not as plentiful.
    Waiting for improvement is so stressful.

Wise Old Thumper

Quote Originally Posted by bunny momma View Post
    Thanks Zoobec, Jane , Omi, Toribun, and all ru friends sending positive vibes.
    Raven is stable, yet not himself. On a positive note the store had nice greens today. Raven nibbled carrot top and a small amount of new hay. He needed more Medicam, so I hope he will eat better now. Poo close to normal size , yet not as plentiful.
    Waiting for improvement is so stressful.
    I can empathise with that. Hopefully his output will return to normal over the next 24 hours. Sending more vibes for him xx
    I AM NOW POSTING AS 'InspectorMorse' BECAUSE A TECHNICAL PROBLEM HAS LOCKED ME OUT OF MY 'Jack's-Jane' ACCOUNT ON SOME DEVICES !!

By Tuesday morning Raven ate his greens and some hay from night before, plus he made lots of pee and some normal and almost normal poos. After he got meds and sub q fluids I went to a pool for aquafit class and then did more pool exercises. Raven had more .normal poo whenI returned yet he is eating very little. I gave him medicam when I got home at 6pm in case dose from 7:30pm last night wore off.
    After over 3 hours Raven is still eating only a small quantity before stopping.
    I am trying to decide if I should give critical care.
    After losing Gemini 5 weeks ago and losing Dash 6 weeks ago I am second guessing everything about rabbit care.
    I am so worried I will make a wrong choice with Raven.
    Last edited by bunny momma; 06-11-2019 at 03:46 AM.

Wise Old Thumper

Quote Originally Posted by bunny momma View Post
    By Tuesday morning Raven ate his greens and some hay from night before, plus he made lots of pee and some normal and almost normal poos. After he got meds and sub q fluids I went to a pool for aquafit class and then did more pool exercises. Raven had more .normal poo whenI returned yet he is eating very little. I gave him medicam when I got home at 6pm in case dose from 7:30pm last night wore off.
    After over 3 hours Raven is still eating only a small quantity before stopping.
    I am trying to decide if I should give critical care.
    After losing Gemini 5 weeks ago and losing Dash 6 weeks ago I am second guessing everything about rabbit care.
    I am so worried I will make a wrong choice with Raven.
    Is a Rabbit Savvy Vet available for you to take Raven too today (0530hrs Wed 6th Nov in the UK atm) . Perhaps another full examination is needed. How long ago was his last Dental ?. If you feel along his jawline is it at all lumpy ?

Also, feel his ear bases for lumps/signs of sensitivity. Ear pain is now always on my check list as a potential cause of pain in a Rabbit who has a poor appetite. Wish I could do more to help other than just send lots more vibes xx
    I AM NOW POSTING AS 'InspectorMorse' BECAUSE A TECHNICAL PROBLEM HAS LOCKED ME OUT OF MY 'Jack's-Jane' ACCOUNT ON SOME DEVICES !!

Sending lots more vibes and hugs. Frosty took 10 days to recover from his last dental because he had ulcers on his tongue, and I can sympathise with how worrying it is

Sending vibes for Raven .I hope he improves.x

Quote Originally Posted by Jack's-Jane View Post
    Is a Rabbit Savvy Vet available for you to take Raven too today (0530hrs Wed 6th Nov in the UK atm) . Perhaps another full examination is needed. How long ago was his last Dental ?. If you feel along his jawline is it at all lumpy ?

Also, feel his ear bases for lumps/signs of sensitivity. Ear pain is now always on my check list as a potential cause of pain in a Rabbit who has a poor appetite. Wish I could do more to help other than just send lots more vibes xx
    His dental was 15 days ago. He has no lumps along his jaw that I can feel. Monday he saw regular vet who felt Raven flinch when he was examining him near his kidneys .
    I am not sure about ear pain.
    When he had dental vet saw Raven had a small ulcer mostly healed under his tongue. The position of the ulcer was not near teeth.
    Tomorrow is Raven's 5th birthday.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoobec View Post
    Sending lots more vibes and hugs. Frosty took 10 days to recover from his last dental because he had ulcers on his tongue, and I can sympathise with how worrying it is
    Raven had small already healing ulcer under his tongue.
    Did Frosty need any meds for ulcers?

Raven and I appreciate the support.