Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 207

Thread: Raven update Jan 4 2021 post 202

  1. #151
    Forum Buddy Craig 1965's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Ipswich
    Posts
    4,348

    Default

    Positive and warming update - I know how stressful nights can be when a pet is not well so I fully appreciate how you felt over the last 24 hours. And the relief you feel when they start eating is so wonderful. Sending more vibes for a continued and strong recovery.xx
    IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

  2. #152
    Warren Veteran bunny momma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,385

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Craig 1965 View Post
    Positive and warming update - I know how stressful nights can be when a pet is not well so I fully appreciate how you felt over the last 24 hours. And the relief you feel when they start eating is so wonderful. Sending more vibes for a continued and strong recovery.xx
    Thanks,

    After he got critical care in the afternoon, vet office called to say I can get more baytril. Before I left he was eating greens so I also got him more greens . Store with organic greens and vet in opposite directions so I was away almost 2 hours. He ate nothing while I was gone. He is not eating so feeding critical care, medicam,metroclop,and fluids to keep him well hydrated.

    I wonder if there is something I can give to prevent ulcer until he eats on his own again.

    It is stressful and my Heidi, plus my new bunnies, Amber and Zorro , provide me with some stress relief, as does support from ru.

  3. #153
    Forum Buddy Pets mum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    9,745

    Default

    So sorry he's not eating on his own, really hope the meds will help. Sending a load more vibes for Raven, he's so lucky to have you looking after him. Big hugs for you too xxxx
    IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

  4. #154

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bunny momma View Post
    Thanks,

    After he got critical care in the afternoon, vet office called to say I can get more baytril. Before I left he was eating greens so I also got him more greens . Store with organic greens and vet in opposite directions so I was away almost 2 hours. He ate nothing while I was gone. He is not eating so feeding critical care, medicam,metroclop,and fluids to keep him well hydrated.

    I wonder if there is something I can give to prevent ulcer until he eats on his own again.


    It is stressful and my Heidi, plus my new bunnies, Amber and Zorro , provide me with some stress relief, as does support from ru.
    Maybe best not to if he's on oral abx. You don't want to mess with the natural PH of hs GI tract and allow an over-population of 'bad' gut bacteria. I'd just make sure that his Medicam dose is given immediately after a good syringe feed x


    I used to be ‘Jack’s-Jane’ but I have been logged out of that account and I can’t get back in !

    Hidden-in - Sight.
    https://www.hiddeninsight.org/

  5. #155
    Moderator Zoobec's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    39,111

    Default

    Topping up the vibes xx

  6. #156
    Warren Veteran bunny momma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,385

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by InspectorMorse View Post
    Maybe best not to if he's on oral abx. You don't want to mess with the natural PH of hs GI tract and allow an over-population of 'bad' gut bacteria. I'd just make sure that his Medicam dose is given immediately after a good syringe feed x
    Edited-originally read wrong.
    Thanks Jane. Last year he was on baytril for suspected infection and tolerated it, well.

    Glad my decision to give medicam after syringe feeds is correct.
    Last edited by bunny momma; 25-11-2020 at 02:02 PM.

  7. #157
    Warren Veteran bunny momma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,385

    Default

    Thanks ru friends, Pets mum, Zoobic,
    I wish I knew why he stopped eating after he began when nothing changed.

  8. #158
    Wise Old Thumper
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    IOW
    Posts
    18,876

    Default

    Could it be stress related from getting a new bunny?

  9. #159
    Warren Veteran bunny momma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,385

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tonibun View Post
    Could it be stress related from getting a new bunny?
    That is a good thought, yet I have them in different rooms and wear different clothes while new bunny is quarantined. Plus Raven had similar issue last year and dental issue recently.

  10. #160
    Warren Veteran bunny momma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,385

    Default

    He ate some greens this morning so I hope he can continue this time. He seems better a few hours after medicam dose.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •