• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Raven send more vibes Jan 25 post 208

Raven was 90% back to normal, nore some days. He was eating less hay, though more than prior to his dental. Saturday night I opened a new bag of hay and he hardly touched it yet he kept begging for greens and ate some pellets. By sunday night he did not eat small pieces of garden stick. I thought his teeth issue so started medicam. Monday morning he was sitting quietly yet ate greens, peed pood. Late morning I gave greens and expected him to eat when I left him. Spouse came home from work at 6 pm and looked at Heidi and Raven-spouse had diarhea so it was 10pm when I saw Raven did not eat greens that I went into panic mode.

Raven was tooth grinding and felt cooler than usual, and slightly dehydrated. Raven got fluid,medicam, metacloprinide, plus crital care. He not peeing yet though he passed few poo. He had possible uti/kidney infection last year so I added baytril too. Normally I wait on abx yet know vet has surgery tomorrow so not sure if I will be able to speak to or see him.

It is after 1am so it may be a long night.

Please send vibes.

Last edited:
Thank you friends. Your vibes are working.
He started to pee hours after fluids. Poo is small. Overnight he started eating greens so I gave him more early morning and they are gone. He ate a small amount of hay from a small bag, though not wanting pellets or garden stick treat.
Vet staff will check with doctor after he finishes surgeries on other patients.

Last edited:
Positive and warming update - I know how stressful nights can be when a pet is not well so I fully appreciate how you felt over the last 24 hours. And the relief you feel when they start eating is so wonderful. Sending more vibes for a continued and strong recovery.xx

Positive and warming update - I know how stressful nights can be when a pet is not well so I fully appreciate how you felt over the last 24 hours. And the relief you feel when they start eating is so wonderful. Sending more vibes for a continued and strong recovery.xx

Thanks,

After he got critical care in the afternoon, vet office called to say I can get more baytril. Before I left he was eating greens so I also got him more greens . Store with organic greens and vet in opposite directions so I was away almost 2 hours. He ate nothing while I was gone. He is not eating so feeding critical care, medicam,metroclop,and fluids to keep him well hydrated.

I wonder if there is something I can give to prevent ulcer until he eats on his own again.

It is stressful and my Heidi, plus my new bunnies, Amber and Zorro , provide me with some stress relief, as does support from ru.

So sorry he's not eating on his own, really hope the meds will help. Sending a load more vibes for Raven, he's so lucky to have you looking after him. Big hugs for you too xxxx

Thanks,

After he got critical care in the afternoon, vet office called to say I can get more baytril. Before I left he was eating greens so I also got him more greens . Store with organic greens and vet in opposite directions so I was away almost 2 hours. He ate nothing while I was gone. He is not eating so feeding critical care, medicam,metroclop,and fluids to keep him well hydrated.

I wonder if there is something I can give to prevent ulcer until he eats on his own again.

It is stressful and my Heidi, plus my new bunnies, Amber and Zorro , provide me with some stress relief, as does support from ru.

Maybe best not to if he's on oral abx. You don't want to mess with the natural PH of hs GI tract and allow an over-population of 'bad' gut bacteria. I'd just make sure that his Medicam dose is given immediately after a good syringe feed x

Maybe best not to if he's on oral abx. You don't want to mess with the natural PH of hs GI tract and allow an over-population of 'bad' gut bacteria. I'd just make sure that his Medicam dose is given immediately after a good syringe feed x

Edited-originally read wrong.
Thanks Jane. Last year he was on baytril for suspected infection and tolerated it, well.

Glad my decision to give medicam after syringe feeds is correct.

Last edited:
Could it be stress related from getting a new bunny?

That is a good thought, yet I have them in different rooms and wear different clothes while new bunny is quarantined. Plus Raven had similar issue last year and dental issue recently.

He ate some greens this morning so I hope he can continue this time. He seems better a few hours after medicam dose.

Back