Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Raven 10/22 dental, update 11/4 not eating, etc.

Thank you.

Wise Old Thumper

Quote Originally Posted by bunny momma View Post
    His dental was 15 days ago. He has no lumps along his jaw that I can feel. Monday he saw regular vet who felt Raven flinch when he was examining him near his kidneys .
    I am not sure about ear pain.
    When he had dental vet saw Raven had a small ulcer mostly healed under his tongue. The position of the ulcer was not near teeth.
    Tomorrow is Raven's 5th birthday.
    Has he had a recent full blood profile ? I am wondering about his kidney function. Oral ulceration can be a sign of kidney problems

Please help those who really are struggling this Christmas

https://www.trusselltrust.org/get-in...istmas-appeal/

Quote Originally Posted by bunny momma View Post
    Raven had small already healing ulcer under his tongue.
    Did Frosty need any meds for ulcers?
    Hi, his ulcers were either side of his tongue and caused by small spurs. They were only visible under anaesthetic. The vet gave him antibiotics as a precaution if I can recall, and he had twice daily metacam for over 10 days. Also gut meds, this was his mega thread from the time http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?473807-Please-can-Frosty-have-some-vibes-U-d-almost-back-to-normal-)&highlight=Frosty+dental

Binky free at the bridge Boots, you will never be forgotten xxxx

Quote Originally Posted by Jack's-Jane View Post
    Has he had a recent full blood profile ? I am wondering about his kidney function. Oral ulceration can be a sign of kidney problems
    When he had dental 15 days ago they got enough blood for key tests. His kidney and liver numbers were normal as were all tested items.
    He had urine checked monday and it was normal too.
    Raven went to vets 5pm wednesday for recheck. As usual Raven starts playing with the towel in his carrier as soon as we got in the exam room. He even chewed two holes in the towel and left me the pieces. He was not that active at home.
    Vet sald ears very clean and look good. Vet felt no lumps around face or head. Raven not showing discomfort when palpitated near kidneys--vet checked twice. because he flinched during his check on monday.
    He hears gut sounds and felt some feces. On ride home Raven made 3 poos.
    I am to continue critical care syringe feeds, fluids,medicam,baytril ,and motility meds and give vet update in morning.
    Last edited by bunny momma; 07-11-2019 at 12:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoobec View Post
    Hi, his ulcers were either side of his tongue and caused by small spurs. They were only visible under anaesthetic. The vet gave him antibiotics as a precaution if I can recall, and he had twice daily metacam for over 10 days. Also gut meds, this was his mega thread from the time http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/sh...=Frosty+dental
    Thank you for sharing. Raven on medicam and abx. His was almost healed when it was noticed. Vet checked his mouth conscious and with limited view did not see anything.

Wise Old Thumper

I really hope that Raven's appetite and gut motility will improve over the next few days. It is so stressful when a Bunny takes longer than expected to recover from a GA/Dental xx

Please help those who really are struggling this Christmas

https://www.trusselltrust.org/get-in...istmas-appeal/

Wise Old Thumper

Sending lots more vibes for Raven.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack's-Jane View Post
    I really hope that Raven's appetite and gut motility will improve over the next few days. It is so stressful when a Bunny takes longer than expected to recover from a GA/Dental xx
    Absolutely this xx

Binky free at the bridge Boots, you will never be forgotten xxxx

Today is Raven's , yet I was the one to get a present--a nice collection of high quality poos. Though right after I celebrated he stopped .
    He is now getting critical care , medicam, fluids,antibiotic, and motility meds.
    Thank you for your support. I needed to be reminded he probably needs more time to heal.