• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Reccaurent GI stasis

Hi i have a rabbit called raymond, he is 1 years old, he was neutered, me and him was living together from when he was born, six months ago i had to move to my parents house because i had to prepare for my exam, and i have to take him to my room when i was alone he could go to whole of the house but now he can be in a just one room, after we moved, he was get sick and didnt eat anymore, i took him to the vet who is exotic especialized, he took xray from his belly and his teeth everything is normal in the diagnose of illeous he prescribed him serum and antibiotic and antifungal for 7 days, he got well very soon, 2 week later he got sick again , and he didnt eat anymore , i took him to the vet and this scenario was repeated again!!
Now two weeks pass and this morning he didnt eat grass carrots... i trayed every thing, i am realy tired... i love him so much but is it normal your rabbit had GI stasis three times in a two months?
I couldnt find any trigger for this stuation , could my moving give him stress? What should i do ? I am very busy i have exam 4 months ago, i dont take him to the vet but know i coudnt concentrated on my lessons please help!

Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk
694489db9366a87f457755fc7a1fdbe0.jpg

Last edited:
Hi i have a rabbit called raymond, he is 1 years old, he was neutered, me and him was living together from when he was born, six months ago i had to move to my parents house because i had to prepare for my exam, and i have to take him to my room when i was alone he could go to whole of the house but now he can be in a just one room, after we moved, he was get sick and didnt eat anymore, i took him to the vet who is exotic especialized, he took xray from his belly and his teeth everything is normal in the diagnose of illeous he prescribed him serum and antibiotic and antifungal for 7 days, he got well very soon, 2 week later he got sick again , and he didnt eat anymore , i took him to the vet and this scenario was repeated again!!
Now two weeks pass and this morning he didnt eat grass carrots... i trayed every thing, i am realy tired... i love him so much but is it normal your rabbit had GI stasis three times in a two months?
I couldnt find any trigger for this stuation , could my moving give him stress? What should i do ? I am very busy i have exam 4 months ago, i dont take him to the vet but know i coudnt concentrated on my lessons please help!

694489db9366a87f457755fc7a1fdbe0.jpg

Hello

I am sorry to hear of your Bunny's tummy troubles. Can you let us know exactly what his daily diet comprises of ? Also, does he drink enough water ? Is his urine ever a bit creamy coloured/sludgy ?

Is he maintaining his weight ?

Sorry for all the questions, but a bit more detailed information may help us offer you some advice xx

Hello

I am sorry to hear of your Bunny's tummy troubles. Can you let us know exactly what his daily diet comprises of ? Also, does he drink enough water ? Is his urine ever a bit creamy coloured/sludgy ?

Is he maintaining his weight ?

Sorry for all the questions, but a bit more detailed information may help us offer you some advice xx
Thanks for your attention and your help.
iam giving him alpha alpha hey( i am living in the iran and because of the sanctions i couldent find timothy hey in our countary)
i am giving him just a little carrot or parsley 3 or 4 times a week.
i gave him pallet but the vet said through out it away, because its just commercial advertisment for the companies and it is dengrous for rabbits!
In all the day he has a lot of fresh and cold water and i change his bottle five to six times a day
the vet check his urinary tract and found noting, his urine is yellow and dont chang and when he didnt eat he just drunk water.
His weight is 2.300 kg, and he isn't loosing weight but in my hand i feel he is being a little slim.
Iam general practitioner and in the morning i gave him probiotic drop (in my own prescribe) which i give to children, now i see he is eating, i think he had bloating or somthing like that, do you have a suggestion for pervention from this situation ?
In my countery nobody cares about rabbits as a pet and usually they have cats or dogs so i couldnt find poeple who is specialized in rabiits.
My mother tounge is not english so iam sorry if i have grammetical mistake .

Last edited:
You mention giving a lot of fresh cold water. Is it hot in your room?
How much carrot do you give him? The orange carrot may be too sweet for some bunnies. Carrot greens are better.
Some bunnies get gas from certain foods and gas can be painful.
You may want to try adding different greens to his diet.
Your bunny is very cute.

You mention giving a lot of fresh cold water. Is it hot in your room?
How much carrot do you give him? The orange carrot may be too sweet for some bunnies. Carrot greens are better.
Some bunnies get gas from certain foods and gas can be painful.
You may want to try adding different greens to his diet.
Your bunny is very cute.
i take the temprature between 25 to 30 ć , now here its autumn and weather is very cold but i think he liked cold water( not freezing just cold).
I give him one little carrot but its orange thank you for suggestion.
But these month i dont change his diet and he always eat this recepies could suddenly rabbits be sensitive ?
before i am moving here he is so healthy and happy and we were together whole day , but now i think he dont like my room and its small for him and my family dont let him out, and always i have to going library, could stress get him sick?
My mother and my sis playing with him and chek him all the day but i couldnt be there .
I have another femal rabbit she is healthy and happy and dont change here mood and dont sick too.
Do you have suggestion for decrease his stress?
4 month later when i will take my exam iam going to moving from here and every thing will back to normal but now he cant comperhend my situation [emoji17]
Thank you very much, i love him and i cant tolerate his suffering.
I give u another pic[emoji4][emoji4]
f62f01dbb8e00202553b6773a0bbcb03.jpg

I'm really sorry to read that your bunny is having tummy problems.

I agree with Bunny momma that it might be worth changing his greens to see if that will help. Some bunnies have quite sensitive tummies and don't tolerate certain greens too well. So, I would stop giving the carrots to start off. Herbs are supposed to be gentle on a rabbit's stomach so you should be ok to carry on giving him parsley. If you can get them other good herbs would be dill (supposed to be good for preventing gas), basil, coriander, rosemary and thyme.

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk

I'm really sorry to read that your bunny is having tummy problems.

I agree with Bunny momma that it might be worth changing his greens to see if that will help. Some bunnies have quite sensitive tummies and don't tolerate certain greens too well. So, I would stop giving the carrots to start off. Herbs are supposed to be gentle on a rabbit's stomach so you should be ok to carry on giving him parsley. If you can get them other good herbs would be dill (supposed to be good for preventing gas), basil, coriander, rosemary and thyme.

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk
Thank you very much for your suggestion , how many times in a week i can give him herbs ?

I would give him some pellets if he likes them. Are they specially for rabbits? Most people feed their rabbits pellets as they have all the Vitamins and Minerals the rabbit needs. You mention grass so that would be good for him and the Alfafa hay, good for his teeth and tummy. A little bit of Parsley, not a lot as it is high in Calcium.

I would give him some pellets if he likes them. Are they specially for rabbits? Most people feed their rabbits pellets as they have all the Vitamins and Minerals the rabbit needs. You mention grass so that would be good for him and the Alfafa hay, good for his teeth and tummy. A little bit of Parsley, not a lot as it is high in Calcium.
Thank you very much [emoji5]

You may want to give your bunny a place to hide when he is stressed. An inverted cardboard box with an opening cut in one or two sides may be good.
Also, could female bunny be territorial and causing him stress? This is more likely if she is not spayed.

Back